Likes Likes:  1,051
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
ELITE ELITE:  42
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 1,221 to 1,228 of 1228

Thread: e-Bikes - Let's talk

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

"We need more juice up the hill Scotty" "I'm trying Captain, but the engines can't take anymore!"

2. Likes Fast Friendly Guy, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone should challenge Captain Kirk to ride Fast Friendly Guy's Strava art of the USS Enterprise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Wyoming legislature approves 3-class ebike law, signed by governor Gordon becoming the 12th state to do so.

Maryland has introduced ebike legislation this year: HB 939 (sponsor delegate Cassilly (R) Cecil & Harford Counties) and SB 935 (sponsor senator Waldstreicher (D) Montgomery County) with a potential effective date of October 1, 2019, would enact the 3-class system, raise the power limit from 500w to 750w in line with the other states, and permit Class 1 and 2 ebikes everywhere a bicycle may ride, Class 3 ebikes would be prohibited from bike paths unless on or adjacent to a highway. The proposed law would permit localities to prohibit Class 1 and 2 ebikes from bike paths, unclear how/if that changes anything on bike paths already signposted 'no motorized vehicles'.
    Looks like the MD bill was passed and signed into law: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/fr...ect3&ys=2019rs

5. Likes Dewey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Arlington ebike trail ban next, come on DES you promised Bill Shatner!

7. Likes dasgeh, buschwacker liked this post
    dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
    Arlington ebike trail ban next, come on DES you promised Bill Shatner!
    Sounds like it'll be part of the package sent to the Board related to dockless. I believe staff is aiming to get the package to the Board in October for a November vote.

9. Likes Dewey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fame at last! After reading the first part of the tweet my wife giggled as my rig was photographed while I was taking our 3 year old daughter to dance class, I shall take this as confirmation I look utterly exhausted and ancient. It's all good because I agree with the sentiment, ebikes make it possible for me to run errands, go places, tow a trailer, ride a bike with my family, while running on caffeine and interrupted sleep.
    Last edited by Dewey; 05-20-2019 at 10:20 AM.

11. Likes buschwacker, dasgeh, mikoglaces, Sunyata liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

https://escholarship.org/uc/item/3mm040km

Evidence from a variety of research studies indicates that e-bicycling, more so than conventional bicycling, substitutes for car travel.

13. Likes dasgeh, buschwacker, Dewey, ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The WashCycle blog is reporting among recent legislation proposed by DC Council member Mary Cheh is a revision to the 2016 Motor Vehicle Collision Recovery Act (MVCRA) to extend its legal protections to riders of ebikes and escooters involved in collisions with motor vehicles in the District of Columbia. The law applied a 51% "comparative negligence" standard in civil cases enabling cyclists and pedestrians to pursue compensation for 100% of medical expenses and property damage if they are no more than 50% at fault in causing a crash with a motor vehicle. As originally written the MVCRA protected pedestrians, pedal cyclists, and "non-motorized" public road users...plus riders of segways(?) The proposed revision, titled "Vulnerable User Collision Recovery Amendment Act Of 2019", will extend the protections to riders of ebikes and escooters. In the DC region Virginia and Maryland still maintain the contributory negligence standard, Source: https://www.mwl-law.com/wp-content/u...TEMS-CHART.pdf
    Last edited by Dewey; 06-05-2019 at 03:43 PM.

15. Likes dasgeh, buschwacker liked this post