Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: e-Bikes - Let's talk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan von Buckingham View Post
    I'm done. If that's a bicycle it's only because it has pedals. And in that case I'm gonna crazy-glue some cranks and pedals to the hood of my Tesla and use the MVT express lane to drive to work.
    ftfy

Power source is important.

2. Likes Emm liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Well, one can't just look at a cyclist and know they aren't physically challenged.
    Agreed. Making judgments about this is serious pet peeve of mine. Many physical disabilities are invisible. Just because someone looks young-ish and healthy doesn't mean they don't have a disability that might make riding a normal bike significantly more difficult than most other people find it, if they can even ride a normal bike.

4. Likes dasgeh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Well, one can't just look at a cyclist and know they aren't physically challenged.
    That's true, appearances can be deceiving. But in the following sentence Hozn wrote, "Most were running at 25-30mph down the W&OD." I struggle to think of a disability status, obvious or not, that justifies going that fast down the W&OD.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is fair. I have talked to most of them and they just explained that they liked having e-assist to make the commute easier or wanted to go faster. You're right that I can't know for sure that someone doesn't have a physical disability if I didn't ask them. But yeah, flying down the trail suggests that the reason for the e-bike is something else.

7. Likes sjclaeys liked this post