Likes Likes:  921
Dislikes Dislikes:  11
ELITE ELITE:  42
Page 72 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: e-Bikes - Let's talk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan von Buckingham View Post
    I'm done. If that's a bicycle it's only because it has pedals. And in that case I'm gonna crazy-glue some cranks and pedals to the hood of my Tesla and use the MVT express lane to drive to work.
    ftfy

Power source is important.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Well, one can't just look at a cyclist and know they aren't physically challenged.
    Agreed. Making judgments about this is serious pet peeve of mine. Many physical disabilities are invisible. Just because someone looks young-ish and healthy doesn't mean they don't have a disability that might make riding a normal bike significantly more difficult than most other people find it, if they can even ride a normal bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baiskeli View Post
    Well, one can't just look at a cyclist and know they aren't physically challenged.
    That's true, appearances can be deceiving. But in the following sentence Hozn wrote, "Most were running at 25-30mph down the W&OD." I struggle to think of a disability status, obvious or not, that justifies going that fast down the W&OD.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is fair. I have talked to most of them and they just explained that they liked having e-assist to make the commute easier or wanted to go faster. You're right that I can't know for sure that someone doesn't have a physical disability if I didn't ask them. But yeah, flying down the trail suggests that the reason for the e-bike is something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Sign of the apocalypse?

An e-bike recumbent: http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/ter...nt-bike/021771

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    Sign of the apocalypse?

An e-bike recumbent: http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/ter...nt-bike/021771
    Yep.

Post Thanks / Like

There a few recumbent e-bikes listed on this review website. I’ve wondered how recumbent tandems ride/brake/corner with >1 riders, a motor wheel at the front would help such a bike train get up hills, I guess you’d have to coordinate braking going downhill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kettwieselasjetto.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	60.5 KB 
ID:	15596
    Last edited by Dewey; 10-21-2017 at 08:02 AM.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

A long time #bikedc rider recently had a normal-bike-riding ending injury. She's now on an e-recumbant trike and loving that she gets to continue riding, when she would not be able to without this technology.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my trike with the e-assist, I cannot ride my upright because of my shoulder and my 15 mile commute each way was too much without the e-assist. I do not speed and try to always stay below 15 mph. With my health issues I am forever grateful I have this option I cannot imagine what I would do if they ever said e-bikes were not allowed on the trail. I try often to keep the e-assist at the minimum level and use my leg power but it is wicked nice to know that when I am having a bad day with a lot of pain I can have the e-assist help me. There are morning when I know without e-assist I wouldn't have been able to ride in but with it I am brave enough to start out even on a bad morning and most morning once I get started I am thrilled that I got on the trike. Some mornings not so much but always it is better than a car.
    LIZ W.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    flying down the trail suggests that the reason for the e-bike is something else.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap1.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	15635