Likes Likes:  392
Dislikes Dislikes:  3
ELITE ELITE:  35
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: National Bike Challenge 2015-Washington Area All-Stars

Post Thanks / Like

In.

Post Thanks / Like

How do people have so many miles already? It's hard to compete! I thought I had a pretty good commute (17 miles roundtrip), but how do people already have over 300?
    Last edited by ts986; 05-04-2015 at 07:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ts986 View Post
    How do people have so many miles already? It's hard to compete! I thought I had a pretty good commute (17 miles roundtrip), but how do people already have over 300?
    I have a 30 mile roundtrip and am still far from the top. I find my ranking improves every Friday, after I log a week's worth of commutes. It then falls on weekends, when I sleaze ride and others get their 100-200 mile rides in.

The challenge started on a Friday this year, so lots of weekend/nice weather riders got some big points (Plus you're in the running with amazing folks like Eric Williams and Rod Smith who ride more in a single day than I ride in a week!). In the past I find that steady commuters start climbing the leaderboards while weekend warriors lose time to weather, heat, vacations, family, etc.

Just set a goal for yourself (i'm shooting for Diamond level this year!) and go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

just signed up

Post Thanks / Like

There are some folks on the local leaderboard that remain unaffiliated with a team. Please take a look. If you know any of the unaffiliated folks, please invite them to join the Washington Area All Stars.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like

Slightly off topic, but is there any way to find my stats from last year's NBC if I didn't save them?

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

The NBC has the 2014 stats on the leader board (I don't think there is a separate Challenge period selection though), just select that year and use the "find me" (middle of the page) function. I was #112 nationally (#1 in Arlington) with 12,382 points

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sync didn't work for me (despite linking w/ Strava earlier). I tried triggering a manual re-sync, maybe it will eventually populate, but it still shows "0" for # of rides this challenge, etc. The new site looks nice, but still obviously is still a little glitchy. I'm definitely not caring enough to enter my rides manually, so if Strava sync doesn't work, I'll just unlink/remove my profile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Sync didn't work for me (despite linking w/ Strava earlier). I tried triggering a manual re-sync, maybe it will eventually populate, but it still shows "0" for # of rides this challenge, etc. The new site looks nice, but still obviously is still a little glitchy. I'm definitely not caring enough to enter my rides manually, so if Strava sync doesn't work, I'll just unlink/remove my profile.
    It worked for me, but took somewhere in the 15 minute to 2 hour range for it to populate.