Likes Likes:  50
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  2
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many times have you fallen in 2015?

Post Thanks / Like

Default How many times have you fallen in 2015?

Hi everyone.

I am trying to find out which un-lucky BAFS rider has fallen the most times since January 1st… I’m talking real plunges to the pavement/ice/snow… bruised butts, knees, or egos….

I’ll start. I went down five times since January 1st (three of them last Friday). And you? Am I the winner? :+)

Post Thanks / Like

Just once. Extremely embarrassing, not very painful.

Post Thanks / Like

Three times, all in one week—but at least the first time I landed in snow. Third time was in mud and crud (bleeechhhhhhhhhhhh), and second was on (in?) an icy expansion joist in the middle of 8th NW (and is why I'm in the market for a new helmet).

The important thing is, though, that my trusty Marmot coat doesn't even show scuff marks from any of these hard landings. That's some serious textile engineering right there.

Post Thanks / Like

I am zero for 2015 so far on falls. I've had to drop the bike a couple times, but stayed on my feet.

Therefore I lose. Or maybe I win. Always confused...

Post Thanks / Like

One time: first snow ride (on that awful Tuesday that no one thought would be a big deal) I hopped on the bike and wasn't expecting so much rolling resistance as I tried to clip my right foot in. Ground to a halt and tipped over on my left side, since I then couldn't get that foot unclipped. Hadn't even left the driveway yet. Other than that, no falls. Well, I did bang my...uh...let's just say I landed on my top tube one time, but that wasn't really a fall.
    Last edited by dkel; 03-12-2015 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Oh, I also tipped over doing a slow turning maneuver. Really dumb: both mine are clipless fails!

Post Thanks / Like

Four times...3 riding slicks where the ice didn't cooperate, and once, last Friday, riding knobbies, where that damn dog ran out in front of me whilst on ice. I've still got a nasty bruise from that one.

Post Thanks / Like

Twice: Once on the Bikenetic ride to Buzz Bakery - we went over a bridge section that was all ice, and I was one of the two silly persons not riding on studly tires. I made it far enough to scream "we're all gonna die!" before going down, though.

The second time wasn't really a fall so much as it was trying to injure various parts of my bike by using my body.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Turns out my last fall was actually on Dec 31, 2014 so zero, but just barely.

Post Thanks / Like

Once, which is not enough. I never crash anymore proving I am not riding correctly.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I'm going to jinx it by posting about it.

Oops.