Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0

Thread: Trail conditions for W&OD Trail & trail along FX PKWY

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trail conditions for W&OD Trail & trail along FX PKWY

Any update on the trail conditions on the W&OD trail from Reston to Vienna and the FX County Pkwy from Fairfax to Reston?
    Ice? Slush? Impassable?

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

This belongs in the "March Trail Conditions" thread. @seunpu rode the W&OD or there today. His couple photos suggest it was snow covered earlier today.

Post Thanks / Like

Trail was plowed and great from Reston to Smiths Switch. It was packed snow (wet on the way back). All plowing stopped after at Smiths Swith (which is right before the park equipment building). It pretty impossible after this point even with studs It's just too slow. I looped over the W&OD west of Ashburn and it still was a mess. I might check again in the morning to see how far I can get out since this my normal weekday ride.

Name:  16121392614_8b0b7970cd_z.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.9 KB

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by seunpu View Post
    Trail was plowed and great from Reston to Smiths Switch. It was packed snow (wet on the way back). All plowing stopped after at Smiths Swith (which is right before the park equipment building). It pretty impossible after this point even with studs It's just too slow. I looped over the W&OD west of Ashburn and it still was a mess. I might check again in the morning to see how far I can get out since this my normal weekday ride.

Name:  16121392614_8b0b7970cd_z.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  50.9 KB
    Thanks! Keep us posted (here or more preferably in the March Trail Conditions thread). Would like to get back to my weekday commute out there this week!

B