Thread: Arlington Blvd Trail Closure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arlington Blvd Trail Closure

From a County Staff Planner:

"The contractor who is building the 2201 Pershing Drive project (northwest corner of Pershing Dr & Arlington Blvd) will need to shut down the Arlington Blvd trail between Pershing Drive and 10th Street. The closure will begin tomorrow (June 14) and take effect for about four weeks while they reconstruct the right curb lane along Arlington Blvd. A pedestrian and bicyclist detour involving 10th Street, Barton Street and Pershing Drive has been signed. Access along Pershing drive to the Henry gate of Fort Myer will not be affected.

The bus stop along westbound Arlington Boulevard just north of Pershing Drive will be unavailable. The bus stop south of Pershing Drive next to the motel will remain open."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks dude. I've got a friend that uses that trial from time to time. I'll pass the info along.

PotomacCyclist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they upgrade the trail during the construction. That trail needs some work.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sidewalk still closed

Today I biked by to see it might be open yet. They aren't doing any work near the sidewalk that would even require it to be closed, but its closed nonetheless. They have the fence out into the street, which, if it weren't blocked off by another fence, would actually be enough room to ride. I wonder if the company who is doing this building project, and will profit handsomely from it, has given Arlingtonians any compensation specifically for lost sidewalk and bike route access. Developers are constantly screwing up the roads with horribly patched holes they have dug, taking away our sidewalks we pay for through our tax dollars, and polluting the local environment we live in. I don't think they give enough back to the community for what they do to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Am I crazy or is this STILL closed 12 weeks later? It sure looked it when I drove past yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

The section where the trail goes under the bridge at Courthouse road is now closed. If anyone has any information on an alternate route or how long this is going to be closed I would apprediate it. Thanks!