Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custis Trail Marked up for Construction

Post Thanks / Like

Another update:

"FYI: The contractor will begin overlaying the pavement on the Custis Trail very soon. They will begin at marker 12 close to Lee Highway, and work their way west. Please follow any detour signage that is in place. Updates to follow."

Post Thanks / Like

Default More Updates:

"Paving on the Custis Trail is beginning today. The starting point has changed due to the logistics of the operation. Paving will start West of the original plan and begin at the Stafford Street ramp then progress Eastward.

Today, Wednesday July 6, the Custis trail will be detoured onto 15th Street from the Quincy Street ramp to Vermont Street. Follow the detour signage. Other construction activity is occurring on 15th Street so use caution while on the road. The paving of this section is expected to be completed late today. Additional paving will resume next week between Quincy Street and Monroe Street.

Updates will be sent as work progresses."

Post Thanks / Like

"The contractor has informed me that they did not complete this section today and will complete the paving in the area tomorrow (July 7)."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Today, Wednesday July 6, the Custis trail will be detoured onto 15th Street from the Quincy Street ramp to Vermont Street.

Other construction activity is occurring on 15th Street so use caution while on the road.
    Government planning at it's finest. Detour traffic due to construction onto a road that's under construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    "The contractor has informed me that they did not complete this section today and will complete the paving in the area tomorrow (July 7)."
    Rumor has it they were delayed by killer pothole ducks.....

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

The newly paved section between Vermont and Quincy is really nice. Very smooth under the parking structure. Repave more!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update:

"The contractor has moved beyond the projected section and will complete resurfacing up to the Lincoln Street ramp today. The detour takes you around to 14th Street, then back on the Custis trail. This section of the Custis Trail is expected to be open Friday 7/8."

consularrider is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Any one heading home tonight, please post the trail status since I have to ride that way for the first time in a couple of weeks at 5:30 tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like

The new pavement is super creamy. No lines on it yet, but it was smooth enough to lick. Don't bother though. It didn't taste very good. I tried it.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

paved all the way to Lincoln St now!

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,
    I agree that the path is much better now since the paving. It was a bit unclear from the past posts, but is there any chance for additional repaving this year? In particular the stretch going from approximately where the current paving just ended (near the two artifical ponds at Lincon Street) eastward until the trail crosses Lee Hwy near Irving Street is also particularly bad with a number of "natural speedbumps" (aka tree roots pushing up the pavement). I believe this part should be paved next if possible.