Likes Likes:  222
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  17
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party - March 19th, 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party - March 19th, 2015

Mark your calendars - you are all invited to the 2nd Annual Freezing Saddles Last Night Hains Point Party on March 19th, the last night of the contest. Steve O and I (I mean, I don't want to speak for Steve O, but I'm pretty sure his attendance is a given) will get down to Hains Point around 8pm or so and ride circles until close to midnight. There will be a toast of some sort to the contest and to all of us sometime around 1130.

Details will firm up as the date approaches, but wanted to get it on your calendar now in case you want to attend.

Remember that rides ending AFTER midnight do NOT count. I know some riders last year stopped a ride and restarted to make sure the miles got counted. You can upload rides after midnight so long as they ended before midnight.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder that the last night of Freezing Saddles is ONE WEEK from today.

There aren't really any further details at this point. Just show up. If you don't see anyone, start doing laps. Sprint like crazy until you catch up to the group.

Feel free to ask questions, either here or you can PM me.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be a long ride from Reston to make this party. I will definitely have to do this if the standings are close. But in any event I will have to do this if my legs permit me as it's just...well...silly...and therefore, mandatory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    If you don't see anyone, start doing laps. Sprint like crazy until you catch up to the group.
    Only if you are a Dozy Dozer, otherwise, just sit along the course and wait for the group.

Post Thanks / Like

So... is this like the Ferrari from Ferris Bueller? Octothorpe rides the wrong way around Hains point and the miles come off or something?

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, this is more about celebrating how awesome we all are and how awesome Freezing Saddles is. This is about riding in circles with your friends for a few hours and being glad that spring is here.

I mean, that's easy to say for someone on the currently 8th place team who isn't all that competitive to begin with. But if you're looking at this as a way to gain serious ground on whoever is ahead of you, you're going to have to get there a lot earlier than I am.

Post Thanks / Like

So, I have no idea how many people are going to show up, but we can still spend the next week arguing over logistics.

1) Steve O is DEFINITELY NOT bringing a bottle of Lemoncello again to do a toast. That would be illegal, so it's not happening. For sure. Totally not happening.
    2) I'm thinking of cooking something. At first I was thinking of Skratch Labs portables, but then I was thinking brownies instead. I'm saying this here because now I'm kind of obligated, so hopefully that will be motivating.
    3) Like the prizes, your contribution is appreciated, whatever it might be. I'm guessing we'll have somewhere between 6 and 50 attendees, so plan accordingly.
    4) Non-participants are welcome. The forecast is currently pretty pleasant, and this sort of camaraderie in pleasant weather is what tricks people into getting involved next year.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

and this sort of camaraderie in pleasant weather is what tricks people into getting involved next year.
    Hence HF C, who came down and rode last year and this year is a proud member of the Prims.

Steve O is DEFINITELY NOT bringing a bottle of Lemoncello again to do a toast. That would be illegal, so it's not happening. For sure. Totally not happening.
    True that. I would never bring an illegal bottle of Lemoncello. Never.

Also, if you want to relive last year, or just want to get the backstory, the thread is here.
    Last edited by Steve O; 03-12-2015 at 04:58 PM.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll try to make it, but I probably won't leave home until the kids are in bed.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got class from 4-10pm that day, so I doubt I'll make it down, but I'm not ruling it out.