Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scoreboard update, request for Strava team club URLs

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Scoreboard update, request for Strava team club URLs

Hi folks,

Now that teams have been assigned, I need someone (presumably the team captain) to create a Strava club for the team and post the URL to the club to this thread. Then invite the other members of your team to join (or just instruct them to follow the URL that you post to this thread and request to join, if you don't already know their Strava names). Once we have that information, we can update the scoreboard to start tracking real team metrics!

Guidelines:
    - Please include "2015" in the team name. Putting the Team number toward the beginning of the team is also a good idea, as some of the charts may cut off long names
    - E.g. a name like "Team 1: Crazy Monkeys BAFS2015" would work well on the leaderboard. The creator/admins of the team can also adjust the team name later; this will get picked up (but maybe only later that day/night) by the scoreboard.
    - You can set a short name for your team (for the URL). Ultimately we need the ID, but I can figure that out if you just post a URL. (E.g. the BikeArlington club URL is http://www.strava.com/clubs/bikearlington)

A few other notes about the leaderboard:
    - You may have noticed that there's some photo syncing happening. Just on the homepage right now, but we're pulling in all theStrava-linked photos (from Instagram). Photos will not (cannot) be synced from private rides. Also photos do not sync quite as often as rides, so you may see your ride show up before your photos. Be patient.
    - Speaking of private rides, there has been some question about this. Yes, once you authorize the scoreboard, the application can see your private rides, but we cannot fetch any segments or photos for those rides. I think we have some limited geographic data available for private rides (not full routes) and we will do our best to protect the privacy while still counting these toward your totals.
    - And speaking of privacy, some of you may have noticed the "Login" button the website. The login is effecitvely the same thing as authorizing the application through Strava. This way we don't need to track any usernames/passwords for this website. So to login you have to have authorized the application to read your data (presumably all of you have) *and* be a member of one of the teams. Right now login doesn't do anything, but the plan is to expose more data about the competition to those that are actually part of it -- things we would otherwise keep private, like full Strava names actual ride names etc. (Again, with intention of protecting privacy for rides marked "private" in Strava.)

I think that is all. Please post the team URLs. I will be removing the BikeArlington club from the scoreboard, so if you haven't joined your competition Strava club and provided that link here, you will likely drop off the leaderboard until you do so.

Ride on! And take photos!
    Last edited by hozn; 01-10-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Team 8's Strava club page - http://www.strava.com/clubs/121086

Post Thanks / Like

Team ♠︎/121091 is already all ready!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Team ten. Team id is 121123.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

For Team 13 click here

Team ID is 121131

Post Thanks / Like

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, y'all. I will get this wired up shortly!