Likes Likes:  38
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  7
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yay for biking!

Post Thanks / Like

Back when I was a long distance runner, I had to have a physical for grad school. My dad did it. He was an MD. Took my pulse once. Shook his head. Took it again. Shook his head. I said "It's okay. 48 is normal for runners."

It rose after I stopped running but it's back in the 40s again. When I had my colonoscopy, they gave me a shot to raise my heart rate to give the anesthesiologist some margin for error.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rootchopper View Post
    Back when I was a long distance runner, I had to have a physical for grad school. My dad did it. He was an MD. Took my pulse once. Shook his head. Took it again. Shook his head. I said "It's okay. 48 is normal for runners."

It rose after I stopped running but it's back in the 40s again. When I had my colonoscopy, they gave me a shot to raise my heart rate to give the anesthesiologist some margin for error.
    I think my best resting HR was 42 during my CC physical in HS...doc was a little alarmed until he remembered why I was there for the physical.

If only I could get it that low again today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rootchopper View Post

My normal resting heart rate is between 37-40, which is low, even for an athlete. My blood pressure is also unusually low when resting. It is always super fun freaking out the new nurses at my doctor's office every year.

Post Thanks / Like

I was low 40s when I was a runner. Even with all the cycling now, I'm pretty much 50 at best. I suppose that could be age as well as not running, but I'm blaming not being able to run.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't humble brag about my resting heart rate - except that once, for about an hour, I got it all the way down to zero.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, I'll bite. What happened?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fxbooks View Post
    OK, I'll bite. What happened?

They turned it off for a little while so they could fix it.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to hear that all is well now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yay, indeed!

I just joined this forum, still trying to figure it out, and hoping to do Freezing Saddles. Cheers.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, Dr Krueger, is that you?