Likes Likes:  30
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hot Eats; Cool Treats

Post Thanks / Like

Shortcake Bakery is just off the head of the NW Branch—and you pick up the Trolley Trail not much further north on RIA by Vigilante. Pastry and coffee at one, coffee and pastry at the other. I don't know if Arundel Road in Mt. Ranier counts as a path, but if it did, Island Style Ice Cream is the best-kept ice cream secret in greater DC, despite all my best efforts to let other people in on it. Of course, there's also the Maryland Dairy (and Maryland Food Collective) in the back of the Stamp Union, just off the Paint Branch Trail on the shortcut through campus you take to get to the NW Branch/Sligo Creek. Oh, and Fishnet just off the Trolley Trail, though I don't know if I think of that as "bike treat" so much as "best beer in CP"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mexican Coke at Costco?

Costco used to carry Mexican Coke when I lived in California.

I don't recall seeing it in the local VA Costco-s but my wife rarely drags me down that Aisle. D'Oh!

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    Aha! They serve Mexican Coke! (No smart-a jokes- the stuff is for real.)

Post Thanks / Like

Default New District Taco in Alexandria

Since District Taco is a fan of bicyclists and bicyclists are fans of District Taco, I want to make sure folks know of their new location at 701 South Washington St in Alexandria. It's on the south edge of Old Town with easy access from several points on the Mount Vernon Trail.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/d...77.0557271,15z

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bethesda Bagels on the CCT

If you take the Capital Crescent Trail north to Bethesda and take a left on Bethesda Avenue you quickly come to Bethesda Bagel on the right side of the street. They have good bagels and good coffee. Right next door is Quatermaine Coffee which is also very good.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Be...168af360308f1a

(I just used Bethesda three times in a sentence!)