Likes Likes:  41
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  3
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sept. 18 - Third Thursday Happy Hour

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sept. 18 - Third Thursday Happy Hour

Save the date! Capitol City Brewing Company in Shirlington starting at 5 pm. All are welcome! More details later.

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of happy hours, the weather for next Thursday is looking just about perfect! Patio space will be at a premium, so once again, please let me know as soon as you can if you plan to join us so we can have adequate seating. I'll post a few more details tonight for any newcomers. Hope to see you there!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    Post Thanks / Like

When do we start drinking??

In + The Kid + The Wife
    Last edited by rcannon100; 09-15-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that school is back in session, I'm working every Thursday night. Maybe Rockford10 can go and represent me.

Post Thanks / Like

Please join us starting at 5 pm this Thursday at Capitol City Brewing Co. in Shirlington to celebrate the beginning of the wonderful Fall biking season. Newcomers and forum lurkers are very welcome and we'll have nametags to help everyone get acquainted. (For any who might be interested, this is also a great opportunity to learn about the Freezing Saddles competition from those who have participated in it.) The weather looks like it will be fantastic, but with the days getting cooler and shorter, this will probably be the last Third Thursday Happy Hour of the season.

Cap City has great pricing on beers and appetizers on Thursday nights, but their patio seating is very popular so I do need to have a headcount in advance to reserve our seats and tables. If you haven't rsvp'd, there may not be enough seating for you, so please either post on this thread or send a private message if you plan to join us. Hope to see you there!

Parking info: There is lots of car and bike parking in Shirlington, as indicated on the diagram attached below. If you don't see a space to lock up to immediately, just cross the street to the Shell Station and look about a quarter or half block up Quincy St. (on the same side of the road as the Shell Station), and you'll see covered bike parking with U racks for 28 bikes. Shirlington parking.pdf
    Last edited by Arlingtonrider; 09-15-2014 at 09:32 AM.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm in. Thanks so much for doing this Kathy! You are AWESOME!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry - the DKel family is out. Back to Skool night is that night.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, can't make it. I'll be chaperoning the kids at the Outdoor Lab. I'll hoist a cold one in your honor. If I get hauled away to jail for drinking on APS property, you know who I'll be blaming.

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be there.