Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50

Thread: Help ID this guy -- caused a bike crash sending 2 to hospital

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Rosslyn, VA
    Posts
    1,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sorry, I don't recognize him but I will certainly keep my eye out for him. He also has a mirror on his helmet which apparently is solely for vanity reasons... what an asshat!

    I hope the two riders are recovering from their injuries.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-19 at 8.34.30 AM.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  21.8 KB

  2. #12
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    Yeah, I don't think one can blame the person behind for not dropping back more/faster. The guy moved over way too quickly without ensuring that it was actually clear to do so
    Making the analogy to driving in traffic, one cannot just put on the turn signal and move left into the next lane. It is always the responsibility of the car making the move (passing, changing lanes, etc.) to make certain it is safe to do so first. Likewise with this cyclist. Since he is making the move, it is his responsibility to make certain it is safe to do so. He did not.

    The hit and run, however, is the far more egregious crime. IMO, if found he should be prosecuted just the same as a driver in a hit and run.

  3. Likes dasgeh, KLizotte, hozn liked this post
  4. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Making the analogy to driving in traffic, one cannot just put on the turn signal and move left into the next lane. It is always the responsibility of the car making the move (passing, changing lanes, etc.) to make certain it is safe to do so first. Likewise with this cyclist. Since he is making the move, it is his responsibility to make certain it is safe to do so. He did not.

    The hit and run, however, is the far more egregious crime. IMO, if found he should be prosecuted just the same as a driver in a hit and run.
    Which gets at my question --- has this been reported to the authorities? It's a hit and run with injuries. On film.

  5. Likes Dickie liked this post
  6. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    DC
    Posts
    3
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneEighth View Post
    Which gets at my question --- has this been reported to the authorities? It's a hit and run with injuries. On film.
    Yes, it was reported to the Park Police (who responded with two patrol cars to the 911 call); one of the officers has the video as well as screen shots from it.

  7. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    1,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evanstonian View Post
    Yes, it was reported to the Park Police (who responded with two patrol cars to the 911 call); one of the officers has the video as well as screen shots from it.
    Excellent.
    Sure hope someone is able to ID the perp.
    More importantly, I hope the injured riders recover fully and quickly.

  8. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Falls Church
    Posts
    2,258
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just feel awful about this whole situation. I don't know what else to say. I hope everyone involved can find healing and peace.

  9. Likes Rod Smith liked this post
  10. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That rider is as dumb as a bag of hair and simply without a conscious.

    I do miss going on the Bike Rack rides.

  11. #18
    Steve O's Avatar
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dominion Hills in Arlington VA
    Posts
    3,797
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raymo853 View Post
    that rider is as dumb as a bag of hair and simply without a [conscious (sic)] conscience.
    ftfy (although there may be some truth to your original - )

  12. Likes jrenaut, Raymo853, Rod Smith liked this post
    ELITE DismalScientist ELITED this post
  13. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Loveland, CO
    Posts
    872
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    ftfy (although there may be some truth to your original - )
    Yes the guy in gray is totally unaware. Or is that grey?
    Last edited by Raymo853; 08-21-2014 at 09:51 PM.

  14. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Alexandria (Groveton)
    Posts
    1,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Enter the dangers of riding in weekend pace lines on highly trafficked areas. The guy should have stopped, but alternatively if he's able to leap frog the line and has been doing so then his sudden move really isn't unpredictable and he signaled it. Then again, I'm not a big fan of pace lines because I've had them cut me off several times on the MVT because the leader doesn't want to slow down for a second.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •