Likes Likes:  723
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
ELITE ELITE:  59
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Connection

Judd is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crickey7 View Post
    Either the jogger I just passed was using a language learning app on his smartphone, or someone was telling me again and again, in a very affected Spanish accent, that he loved me.
    It was me. And I do love you.

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo to the Good Samaritan who fixed a stranger's broken chain at the corner of 15th and Independence this evening. The person whose chain broke (not me, just to be clear) was obviously a newbie rider. You patiently explained what you were doing without sounding the least bit condescending, and you repaired the chain and got him on his way in short order. You exemplify the best of the cycling community. Well done, sir.

Later on my ride, a driver inexplicably objected to my taking the lane, even though the road was otherwise deserted and he had a nice empty lane of his very own. Writing this Found Connection post in my head helped me focus on the positive and ignore the driver's rude behavior, per the other thread. So I hope that you're getting double the usual amount of good karma points, Mr. Good Samaritan.
    Last edited by komorebi; 11-20-2015 at 09:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

To the MedSpeed driver turning right onto prosperity from hilltop. Thanks for the compliment. I was moving at a pretty good pace this afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Today's discordant set of stickers on a car: A BMW with I [bike] Rockville , LSU alum, Feel the Bern, and a 1-Star (as in one-star general).

The only thing that could improve it is a Gadsden-flag license plate and an HRC equality sticker. Oh and he knew how to drive around cyclists as well. It almost changes my opinion of BMW drivers.

Almost.

Live on Capitol Hill, work in downtown DC
    Post Thanks / Like

Huge thank you to the Capitol Police Officer who helped to dislodge my rear rack from my rear derailleur. The screw that attached it to my frame in the center of the wheel had come loose, and the attachment point got lodged firmly in my gears when I jostled it a bit going through the bollards.

Pro tip: check the screws on your rear rack periodically.

Post Thanks / Like

Can anybody explain what exactly "found connection" is?

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

See the first post. It's a spot for telling about positive interactions during your rides. A counterpoint to the missed connections thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    See the first post. It's a spot for telling about positive interactions during your rides. A counterpoint to the missed connections thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And on that note, since I shared a missed one recently, let me give a shoutout to the group of cyclists with whom I crossed Memorial Bridge this morning. All polite and all working in sync on passes, etc. Delightful ride on a gorgeous morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday. Red fixie. Nice ride and good conversation with a bid dude who kept me honest from George Mason until Buchanan. Excellent.
    Wednesday. Cheater bike. Lotsa raging at NDMFs going sub-55 in the passing lane on I-66. Bogus.
    Thursday. Red Fixie. Drafted by short chica who kept me honest all the way from George Mason to the Custis/W&OD and said "thanks for the draft" when I peeled off. Excellent.
    Friday...Really, really want to ride the red fixie again...anything on the path, really...

Post Thanks / Like

Me: heading north on the MVT, mildly grumpy after two bad passes in close succession. (The first guy did a dangerous up-the-middle pass between me and an oncoming rider, and the second guy passed me on the left even though I had already signaled that I was about to pass a pedestrian.)

You: happy rider on a bright orange bike southbound on the MVT, cheerfully calling out "Good morning!" to everyone on the trail.

I responded with a "Good morning" out of sheer habit. But those two words were enough to break my grumpy mood and make me realize that it was indeed a good morning to be on the bike: blue skies, sunlight streaming through the trees, and a nice breeze coming off the river.

Thanks for sharing the happiness, Mr. Happy Rider!