Likes Likes:  712
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
ELITE ELITE:  59
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Connection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    I dont have any problem finding my "Bobs." Usually the last place I left 'em.

Do you know what a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet is?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    Do you know what a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet is?
    I don't know, Tim, what is a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelley View Post
    I don't know, Tim, what is a pirates favorite letter of the alphabet?
    I'm glad you asked! Many people are under the false assumption that a pirate's favorite letter is "R." In fact, that's a common misconception and one that is easy to mistake.

In reality, a pirate's favorite letter 'tis the sea!

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Uuuuuuummmmm...

I think Tim has just declared a very special "Found Connection." He is now having conversations with himself on the forum.

Tim, we promise we will visit you. Those padded cells are very comfortable.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rcannon100 View Post
    Uuuuuuummmmm...

I think Tim has just declared a very special "Found Connection." He is now having conversations with himself on the forum.

Tim, we promise we will visit you. Those padded cells are very comfortable.
    Usually I'd be inclined to think he's being over worked, but ... come on.

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

I already tried to start this thread, about exactly one year ago... http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...ght=tales+good

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I already tried to start this thread, about exactly one year ago... http://bikearlingtonforum.com/showth...ght=tales+good
    Yup. And that thread, much like this thread, was hijacked after only several posts.

Last edited by rcannon100; 08-15-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Take No Quarters! (or dimes)

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Well, its disappointing this is not getting the hits that "Missed connection" does.
    Kind of ironic, eh?

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Bump. Just because.

Also because I've cut back my cycling quite a bit (and my running is getting very close to zero), because of an annoying quad problem. I'm still riding somewhat (and swimming), but not as much as in May or June. In the meantime, I have been imagining that all the cyclists, pedestrians, runners, drivers and roller bladers are waving, smiling, singing together, and being polite at all times. Or maybe I'm just so tired from work that I'm dreaming or hallucinating.

Can I add more more thing? Washington Nationals, 10-game winning streak! 1st place in the NL East! Best record in the National League!

In the American League, Baltimore Orioles in 1st place in the East! Only a couple games from having the best record in the AL and in all of baseball.

Will we finally see a Washington-Baltimore World Series? Anything can happen and there is still over a month left in the regular season. But both the Nats and the O's are playing great and appear to be heading for the playoffs.

Yeah, maybe this isn't a Found Connection post so much, but I am reviving the thread. Plus there's this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PresidentsBike.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	6465

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Well, its disappointing this is not getting the hits that "Missed connection" does.
    You can look at it another way. Many other threads have positive elements and aspects, just not in the form of a Found Connections thread. Plenty of people help out others on the trails and roads, by providing directions, instructions for CaBi, use of a frame pump or patch kit, pointing out hazards in the road to other cyclists, helping out someone who is injured, etc. But those moments aren't always as memorable, especially if they happen frequently.

For some reason, those don't fit into the idea of a Found Connection thread as naturally as the other type of encounter fits into the Missed Connections.

As for me, I don't think I saw the Missed Connections thread until it had been around for a year or two. I also missed this thread at first, and I also missed the previous positive thread last year.