Likes Likes:  625
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
ELITE ELITE:  59
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Found Connection

Post Thanks / Like

To the young woman who passed me on the WOD, thanks for calling your pass but you really didn't need to add "sir" at the end!

2. Likes JanaeBixby liked this post
    Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    To the young woman who passed me on the WOD, thanks for calling your pass but you really didn't need to add "sir" at the end!
    Better than when they call me "gramps."
    Last edited by consularrider; 02-25-2018 at 05:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This morning at the intersection of Mill Rd & Telegraph on-ramp. The one person I spoke to during my hour long commute in the dark, cold wind....
    Me: Stopped at stop sign waiting for turning car to proceed
    You: Guy in white car rolling down your window
    Me: Hearing your window come down, quietly marshal defenses for what will undoubtedly be a terse verbal exchange about me and my bike slowing you down and just "who the hell do you think you are?"
    You: Safe ride! Nice Bike! [gives thumbs up]
    Me:.....Thanks!

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

To the SWBID employees driving the golf cart on the Maine Avenue "PBL" this morning. Thank you for signalling your right turn the way a cyclist would.

6. Likes notinthe18, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Me: Biking home from gym around 7:45pm, northbound on Quincy, I was stopped in the lane, left side since I was going to make a left on Fairfax.
    You: Pulling up next to me, kinda closer than I would like, with the window down.
    Me: All prepared for you to make some comment about my not being in the bike lane or other such comment I frequent get here, but...
    You: "Your reflectors work really well. I could easily see you. I always worry when I am riding that no one will see me..."
    and we chatted briefly along these lines until the light turned and you wished me a safe ride.

Thank you. That was a much better interaction than I normally get on that route.

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Biking home on my road bike taking the scenic route around the tidal basin after witnessing a crime near Waterfront metro and unable to catch the perp.
    You: Sweet blonde woman with a green/purple jersey on a road bike zooming along your business at an impressive pace.

Thanks for the draft to Georgetown and the words of encouragement while doing a big gear crawl up the hill that resulted in both of us losing our clips.
    Last edited by SpaceJockey; 10-11-2018 at 09:22 AM. Reason: grammar

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to the cyclist who let me know I dropped a glove on my commute home & thanks to the driver who stopped short so I could pick it up.

10. Likes Judd liked this post