Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Found Connection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by culimerc View Post
    Maybe something like this
    I've been thinking about one of those for my golf clubs...

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by culimerc View Post
    Maybe something like this
    There's a morning bike commuter that has one of these. I would overtake the rider heading east somewhere between the W&OD Ohio St access and the access just before the Arlington Blvd (Rte 50) underpass.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by consularrider View Post
    There's a morning bike commuter that has one of these. I would overtake the rider heading east somewhere between the W&OD Ohio St access and the access just before the Arlington Blvd (Rte 50) underpass.
    I've seen her in the evenings heading west, and even stopped to help her with a flat recently. usually joins the trail near Brandymore Castle.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Me: Zipping along Maine Avenue with traffic at 22.1 mph (thanks, Strava!) on my way to the final Nats game of the season
    You: Maine Avenue, with your steel plates and gravel and construction-destroyed surface
    Me: Holding up a hand to the car approaching from the right to make sure he doesn't turn onto Maine into my path
    You: Throwing an enormous lump of irregular road surface under my front tire
    You & Me Together: Oh, you with your coarse, dark hardness and me with my soft, abradable skin: we probably weren't meant to have such a close relationship--even for such a brief encounter.
    Me: Sporting about an acre of road rash on my ankle, hip, elbow, shoulder and back.

Huge thanks to nurse Kim at Nationals Park first aid, who cleaned me up and covered me with a couple yards of gauze. I still got to see the final seven innings of Zimmermann's no hitter.

(Bike was remarkably undamaged, other than scraped handlebar tape and a scuff on the saddle. I think my pannier protected the derailleur from hitting.)

6. Likes Starduster liked this post
    ELITE PotomacCyclist ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ACK! You answered my question about what Maine Ave is like on two wheels. (I see it every day taking my wife in to work... on 4 wheels).

When you think of how much worse this could have been...

OK everybody, using Root Boy Slim's voice: "Guardian Angel. Workin' hard for you!"

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Me: Zipping along Maine Avenue with traffic at 22.1 mph (thanks, Strava!) on my way to the final Nats game of the season
    You: Maine Avenue, with your steel plates and gravel and construction-destroyed surface
    Me: Holding up a hand to the car approaching from the right to make sure he doesn't turn onto Maine into my path
    You & Me Together: Oh, you with your coarse, dark hardness and me with my soft, abradable skin: we probably weren't meant to have such a close relationship--even for such a brief encounter.
    Me: Sporting about an acre of road rash on my ankle, hip, elbow, shoulder and back.

Huge thanks to nurse Kim at Nationals Park first aid, who cleaned me up and covered me with a couple yards of gauze. I still got to see the final seven innings of Zimmermann's no hitter.

(Bike was remarkably undamaged, other than scraped handlebar tape and a scuff on the saddle. I think my pannier protected the derailleur from hitting.)
    Ouch! Glad it wasn't worse.

10. Likes Steve O liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you fell - I am continuing to wimp out and ride the sidewalk on Maine till in street alternatives look more promising.

12. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dude! Glad you are okay and glad you got to see the no-no in person!

14. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible! I'm glad you were at least able to see most of the game (a rather nice consolation given what happened). Heal fast!

16. Likes Steve O liked this post