Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  11
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biking is Fun

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

I "inherited" my brothers' BMX. They had raced on the dirt tracks of Alabama, but by the time I could ride, we were living squarely in the city of Charlotte, and there was little to no dirt to be found. Instead, I used it to do tricks as I coasted down our col-de-sac. I broke both arms and both legs over the course of 6 years, but it was awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Schwinn sting ray! Not my first but one of my favorites. I rode it to school, I rode it on dirt. I rode it everywhere. I don't think I ever loved a car as much as that bike!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skins_brew View Post
    Man, Huffy Bikes. I had a few when I was a kid. It def was NOT cool to be riding a Huffy, as they were considered "lame." I think the lameness came from the fact they were sold at Toys-R-Us and were cheap. The cool bikes growing up were Treks. If you had a Trek, you were a cool kid.
    Same here, except the "cool" bike to have was a Mongoose BMX bike. Oddly enough, you could ride any old department-store POS and nobody would bat an eye, but get spotted riding a Huffy and you were a Pariah for life.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a fairly nice Huffy Racing BMX. Chrome frame and fork, oversized down tube, fake CW bars. Once I lost the coaster brake, chain guard, and decals some kids thought I had a Dyno. As long as they didn't try picking it up - it was about five pounds heavier than a Dyno.

I broke the brake bridge doing one-wheeled hops down a hill, so I rode it for several months without brakes before a neighbor welded the bridge for me. Good times.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    Schwinn sting ray! Not my first but one of my favorites. I rode it to school, I rode it on dirt. I rode it everywhere. I don't think I ever loved a car as much as that bike!
    Man, I loved my Schwinn growing up! Just got a Fastback a little while ago, still love the feel of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Same here, except the "cool" bike to have was a Mongoose BMX bike. Oddly enough, you could ride any old department-store POS and nobody would bat an eye, but get spotted riding a Huffy and you were a Pariah for life.
    Agreed, my brother was the envy of the 'hood when he got his Mongoose for his birthday.