Likes Likes:  395
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

It was almost comical watching a guy with a leaf blower on Connecticut Ave, NW yesterday trying to blow leave and grass cuttings. The 25 mph winds made it the work of Sisyphus.

2. Likes Steve O, CBGanimal liked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by accordioneur View Post
    and the tender, shining heads of old men
    (no comment)

4. Dislikes accordioneur disliked this post
    Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Whole Foods Thursday (WTF) Coffee Club returns.
    As of Nov. 4, we meet at Whole Foods - Pentagon City
    Hope to see you there.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk

6. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Whole Foods Thursday (WTF) Coffee Club returns.
    As of Nov. 4, we meet at Whole Foods - Pentagon City
    Hope to see you there.
    Evidently, if you fail to attend HDCC, you may not know where to go on Thursday.
    For Thursday, Nov. 11, we are back at Pentagon Row by the ice rink.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Evidently, if you fail to attend HDCC, you may not know where to go on Thursday.
    For Thursday, Nov. 11, we are back at Pentagon Row by the ice rink.
    And we will gather at 8 am on November 11.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

So it was mentioned this morning that Whole Foods Thursday CC will usually be indoors for the winter (outside this AM, because nice weather). I am wondering which CC's are planning to remain outdoors, which indoors, and for those that vary with the weather, if anyone could (I know this is a difficult ask) somehow specify the weather conditions that will lead to indoors (or to outdoors)?

For the benefit of those of us willing go to CC again, but not quite ready to eat indoors, even with vaxxed friends (or waiting to get boosted).

TIA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    So it was mentioned this morning that Whole Foods Thursday CC will usually be indoors for the winter (outside this AM, because nice weather). I am wondering which CC's are planning to remain outdoors, which indoors, and for those that vary with the weather, if anyone could (I know this is a difficult ask) somehow specify the weather conditions that will lead to indoors (or to outdoors)?

For the benefit of those of us willing go to CC again, but not quite ready to eat indoors, even with vaxxed friends (or waiting to get boosted).

TIA
    Tuesdays are at Mah Ze Dahr on Crystal Drive and inside when itís cold. The decision on inside or outside is based on negotiation among attendees on whether itís nice enough outside or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TIA
    It's probably safe to assume that CC will be indoors for the next few months, unless it's at least 50 degrees outside and there's sun at the outdoors location.

Indoors locations are (I think) as follows: Mondays at Swing's on E. Monroe, Tuesdays at Mah Ze Dahr on Crystal Drive, Wednesdays at Best Buns in Shirlington, Thursdays at Whole Foods in Pentagon City, and Friday at Misha's on Prince Street. I generally keep my mask on when we're indoors.

13. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    It's probably safe to assume that CC will be indoors for the next few months, unless it's at least 50 degrees outside and there's sun at the outdoors location.

Indoors locations are (I think) as follows: Mondays at Swing's on E. Monroe, Tuesdays at Mah Ze Dahr on Crystal Drive, Wednesdays at Best Buns in Shirlington, Thursdays at Whole Foods in Pentagon City, and Friday at Misha's on Prince Street. I generally keep my mask on when we're indoors.
    I mean if I could take my caffeine intravenously ......

To be clear - I had my two shots months ago, and have been doing more things since then. But at least one member of my household is very COVID cautious, and I respect that - mostly I have been waiting to get my booster, and to see local case #s go down a bit further before unmasked indoor dining - ALX is down to 10 cases per 100,000 people per day, but national case #s are up (yeah, I know vax vs unvax, cases vs hospitalizations, etc - in my household we would like a lot more infor on long COVID) Plus I have this OCD thing where I insist on dining in one of those "igloos" before full indoor dining - we missed that last winter when we didn't go out to eat at all - I haven't managed that yet. Hopefully I will get my booster in the next few days, and we can manage an igloo meal soon, and then I can discuss it with my HH.

OTOH 40 and cloudy seems like its fine for outdoor coffee, to me.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 11-18-2021 at 01:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean if I could take my caffeine intravenously ......

To be clear - I had my two shots months ago, and have been doing more things since then. But at least one member of my household is very COVID cautious, and I respect that - mostly I have been waiting to get my booster, and to see local case #s go down a bit further before unmasked indoor dining - ALX is down to 10 cases per 100,000 people per day, but national case #s are up (yeah, I know vax vs unvax, cases vs hospitalizations, etc - in my household we would like a lot more infor on long COVID) Plus I have this OCD thing where I insist on dining in one of those "igloos" before full indoor dining - we missed that last winter when we didn't go out to eat at all - I haven't managed that yet. Hopefully I will get my booster in the next few days, and we can manage an igloo meal soon, and then I can discuss it with my HH.

OTOH 40 and cloudy seems like its fine for outdoor coffee, to me.
    Come early and be an influencer. I am sure some could be talked in to drinking outside. Last winter, several of us gathered most days in temperatures well below 40 and enjoyed good company and hot beverages.