Likes Likes:  402
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 322

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

  1. #311
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    I mean if I could take my caffeine intravenously ......
    I'm not a coffee drinker, and I'm usually not hungry that early in the morning. So coffee club for me is actually more like "hang out with friends and buy a pastry to eat later" club. But that doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue.

  2. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
  3. #312
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    So coffee club for me is actually more like "hang out with friends and buy a pastry to eat later" club. But that doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue.
    Then just use the acronym: HOWFABAPTEL

  4. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
  5. #313
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    Indoors locations are (I think) as follows: Mondays at Swing's on E. Monroe, Tuesdays at Mah Ze Dahr on Crystal Drive, Wednesdays at Best Buns in Shirlington, Thursdays at Whole Foods in Pentagon City, and Friday at Misha's on Prince Street. I generally keep my mask on when we're indoors.
    For those reading this thread who are not LoTM, there are other clubs, too:

    Friday Coffee Club ("the orginal") at Swing's in DC, 17th & G NW.
    Thursday at Proteus Bikes & Brews in College Park
    Friday at Board & Brew in College Park
    Tuesday at Peet's in Silver Spring on East West Highway
    I do not know if FCC at Green Lizard in Herndon is still a thing or not.
    Last edited by Steve O; 11-22-2021 at 01:51 PM. Reason: corrected Tuesday coffee club

  6. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
  7. #314
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKane50 View Post
    Last winter, several of us gathered most days in temperatures well below 40 and enjoyed good company and hot beverages.
    And just sayin' - last winter the DC Friday Coffee Club met outdoors. Every. Single. Friday. at Peregrine near Eastern Market.

  8. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
  9. #315
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dupont Circle
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    For those reading this thread who are not LoTM, there are other clubs, too:

    Friday Coffee Club ("the orginal") at Swing's in DC, 17th & G NW.
    Thursday at Proteus Bikes & Brews in College Park
    Friday at Board & Brew in College Park
    Tuesday at Kaldi's in Silver Spring
    I do not know if FCC at Green Lizard in Herndon is still a thing or not.
    Tuesday's Silver Spring gathering is at Peet's Coffee on East West Highway

  10. Likes Steve O liked this post
  11. #316
    lordofthemark's Avatar
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    The forgotten corner of Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    I'm not a coffee drinker, and I'm usually not hungry that early in the morning. So coffee club for me is actually more like "hang out with friends and buy a pastry to eat later" club. But that doesn't roll trippingly off the tongue.
    Oh I hear you, and I did remember you are not a coffee drinker. I guess I have been to some coffee clubs and not had coffee.

    I do expect to get my booster in the next couple of days (thanks FDA!), and I also hope to do the igloo thing very soon. Will revisit the question then. Thanks to all for the info.

  12. #317
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Riverdale, MD
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I made my first non-holiday coffee club ever this morning. Rumor has it that there will be a repeat appearance tomorrow in Shirlington.

  13. #318
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Summer Coffee Club locations

    Hello caffeine fans,

    Please note the warm-weather locations of these coffee clubs, effective immediately:

    Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club
    Gateway Green - 101 12th St. S (between the Rte 1 overpass and Long Bridge Park on the north side of 12th St.)
    First arrivers tend to arrive about 7 or 7:10. BYO or coffee is available nearby at Whole Foods and Commonwealth Joe

    Thursday Pentagon City Coffee Club
    Westpost (aka Pentagon Row) - 1201 S. Joyce St
    Similar start time. There are two coffee/pastry vendors at this location

    Also note that there is an Alexandria Waterfront Friday Coffee Club that got started in 2021
    Misha's Coffee - 6 Prince St. In clement weather the attendees sit in the park across the street from Misha's, by the river.
    Similar start time.

    I'm also told there is a new Thursday College Park Coffee Club
    Proteus Bikes & Brews - 9827 Rhode Island Ave., College Park, MD
    I'm not sure exactly what time they gather. Who knows?

    Everyone is welcome to join any of the many coffee clubs anytime you like. Hope to see you soon!
    Last edited by Steve O; 04-13-2022 at 09:29 AM.

  14. Likes CaseyKane50 liked this post
  15. #319
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pentagon City in Arlington VA
    Posts
    5,674
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tomorrow only!
    Due to the return of March-like weather, the April 19 Tuesday Coffee Club will revert to Mah-ze-Dar. This is a one-off.

  16. Likes CBGanimal, CaseyKane50 liked this post
  17. #320
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    1,061
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Weekly Coffee Gatherings

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Hello caffeine fans,

    Please note the warm-weather locations of these coffee clubs, effective immediately:

    Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club
    Gateway Green - 101 12th St. S (between the Rte 1 overpass and Long Bridge Park on the north side of 12th St.)
    First arrivers tend to arrive about 7 or 7:10. BYO or coffee is available nearby at Whole Foods and Commonwealth Joe

    Thursday Pentagon City Coffee Club
    Westpost (aka Pentagon Row) - 1201 S. Joyce St
    Similar start time. There are two coffee/pastry vendors at this location

    Also note that there is an Alexandria Waterfront Friday Coffee Club that got started in 2021
    Misha's Coffee - 6 Prince St. In clement weather the attendees sit in the park across the street from Misha's, by the river.
    Similar start time.

    I'm also told there is a new Thursday College Park Coffee Club
    Proteus Bikes & Brews - 9827 Rhode Island Ave., College Park, MD
    I'm not sure exactly what time they gather. Who knows?

    Everyone is welcome to join any of the many coffee clubs anytime you like. Hope to see you soon!
    One more change to note

    Wednesday Best Buns Coffee Club.

    Due to excessive noise issues along Campbell Avenue, the club is relocating to the newly renovated Jennie Dean Park (3630 27th Street South). It is located across South Four Mile Drive from the MM0 W&OD trailhead and across Shirlington Road from the Four Mile Run Trail. Folks can grab their treats at Best Buns and then ride to the park.

  18. Likes Serdar liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •