Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great idea. Definitely interested!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    List looked current to me. The Tuesday Crystal City Coffee Club eventually moves to Cosi when it gets cold (which is also the gross weather location.) The other clubs all continue through the winter since they have indoor locations. Usually, the best way to do these is create a post saying where you'll be and when and see who shows up. The early-riser coffee clubs like 6 a.m. or 6:30 a.m. tend to have lower attendance, because waking up that early is gross. 7:15 seems to be the sweet spot for people showing up at the clubs I go to.

The Velocafe is opening on the Wharf and I was thinking about having a one off coffee club there in the next week or two.
    Sounds like a grand opportunity to compare the number of riders versus the number of walkers in the PBL while sipping a caffeinated beverage #NotAmsterdam #ACoffeeClubTooFar #MyRouteIsLinedWithCoffeeClubsHowCanISayNo

3. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm game

Thanks all,

Sounds great to me I'll be there. Taking your input into account, I'm fine with 7am if you can provide a good day to kick this off, I'll probably just start hanging out there about that time once it opens on or about Thursday or Friday morning. Seems like a great location since it is a nexus for inbound DC traffic from Capital Crescent, Memorial Bridge, and 14th St Bridge.
    Last edited by SpaceJockey; 10-10-2017 at 04:16 PM.

5. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJockey View Post
    I'm fairly new to the forum and saw the May 2017 edition of the weekday coffee clubs. Are there any updates to that list considering the warm months are coming to an end?
    Would anyone be interested in joining a daily early-riser club in Rosslyn, Navy Yard, or the up-and-coming wharf?
    I can't speak for daily, but I do know that the Rosslyn Friday Coffee Club has an early contingent

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    The Velocafe is opening on the Wharf and I was thinking about having a one off coffee club there in the next week or two.
    Only if its during 2017 Coffeeneuring and announced well-enough in advance I can work it into my schedule (and not already have two for that week )

Post Thanks / Like

Monday pancakes is now on the corner at the intersection of Shreve Rd and Broad Street in Falls Church, because the restaurant changed locations. It's in the building that used to be Long John Silver.

8. Likes Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosslyn Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    I can't speak for daily, but I do know that the Rosslyn Friday Coffee Club has an early contingent

Only if its during 2017 Coffeeneuring and announced well-enough in advance I can work it into my schedule (and not already have two for that week )
    Hi Kitty, where in Rosslyn and at what time? I'd be up for making an appearance this Friday in Rosslyn. Also, I intend to start a daily 7am coffee club at Velo Café at the wharf, but an RSVP would definitely help me prioritize to make it happen in accordance with your schedule.

10. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJockey View Post
    Hi Kitty, where in Rosslyn and at what time? I'd be up for making an appearance this Friday in Rosslyn. Also, I intend to start a daily 7am coffee club at Velo Café at the wharf, but an RSVP would definitely help me prioritize to make it happen in accordance with your schedule.
    I would discourage the idea of a Rosslyn Friday Coffee Club, since there is already one just up the street in Courthouse. A different day would be better. There are currently 4 Friday Coffee Clubs. Any new ones should probably be strategically located not too close to existing ones. That said, I believe Kitty has her own, private Rosslyn Coffee Club at whim.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rosslyn Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I would discourage the idea of a Rosslyn Friday Coffee Club, since there is already one just up the street in Courthouse. A different day would be better. There are currently 4 Friday Coffee Clubs. Any new ones should probably be strategically located not too close to existing ones. That said, I believe Kitty has her own, private Rosslyn Coffee Club at whim.
    Steve O, understood I was aware of the one near Courthouse but was interested if they had another existing nearby, I agree with your position and will attend FCC II at one point.

Kitty, if you are open for this Friday in the Rosslyn area give me the time and place and I'll make it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I love that Steve O is COFFEE CLUB SHERIFF. Please adjust his forum title accordingly.

14. Likes ian74, ShawnoftheDread, Emm, consularrider liked this post
    ELITE Judd, rcannon100 ELITED this post
    rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    I love that Steve O is COFFEE CLUB SHERIFF. Please adjust his forum title accordingly.

16. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post