Likes Likes:  389
Dislikes Dislikes:  6
ELITE ELITE:  14
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Post Thanks / Like

Cross referencing #MMPC here since it involves coffee even though it has its own thread...or should I say "sticky?"
    http://www.washingtonareabikeforum.c...d.php?p=186624

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Special Thursday Coffee Club to Celebrate Bobco's Visit

In celebration of Bobco's visit from Seattle, this Thursday, May 2, I will host the Thursday morning Pentagon City Coffee Club (aka WTF Coffee Club) at my house.
    Don't go to Whole Foods. Come to my place instead.
    Please don't arrive before 7:05 am.

Everyone is welcome, regulars, irregulars and newbies. You may bring your own coffee or take your chances on mine. I'll have some pastries.

1663 S. Hayes St.
    Do not go to the front, though. Meet at the back patio.

Here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1663 S Hayes St.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	20021

From 18th St. South/S Hayes St, jog onto the sidewalk at the first curb cut west of Fern St.
    Pass the first set of condos on your right.
    Turn right onto the grassy area between the buildings. There's a bit of a short, steep hill, so you may want to walk your bike.
    Come back about 50 yards. Look for the patio with the red Nationals, Curly W flag.

Name:	directions.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	20022
    Last edited by Steve O; 04-29-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Speaking of Bobco, here is a confirmed sighting on the W&OD trail, mike 7.5ish, post MMPC at Lazy Mike’s in the little City of Falls Church

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	20025

Monday Morning Pancake Club
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...2&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boomer2U; 04-30-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    In celebration of Bobco's visit from Seattle, this Thursday, May 2, I will host the Thursday morning Pentagon City Coffee Club (aka WTF Coffee Club) at my house.
    Don't go to Whole Foods. Come to my place instead.
    Bump. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

5. Likes consularrider, Arlingtonrider liked this post
    Now mostly Manhattan (NYC) with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Bump. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
    Thanks for hosting!

Name:	100_0854.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	98.4 KB 
ID:	20033

7. Likes Arlingtonrider, josh, bobco85, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I designate this new coffee shop: Café Ciclisto del Steveo

I had the cafe mocha leche. The barista was snarky, but the coffee did its job to wake me up, and the pastries were good (hmm, did I eat 3 or 4 of those mini cinnamon rolls?)

4 stars out of 5 because they didn’t tell me the wifi password

Thanks for hosting, Steveo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I was all set to make this my first-ever coffee club attendance... even prepared to be a little late to work as a result. Til I remembered I had a conflicting dr's appt in N. Arlington this morning.

Generally, the starting times of the existing C.C.'s (as shown on the Google Calendar) don't work well with my necessary office-arrival time of 7:35.
    The Shirlington Best Buns Wednesdays would be the ideal C.C. to participate in (right off the path to work) -- but the 7:10 start time means I'd arrive, skip any coffee, get 60 seconds to say hi to whoever was on hand exactly right then and then have to leave.
    The worst bit is no coffee / socializing in that scenario! Are there any regulars who currently hit the Shirlington gathering, but routinely arrive between 6:30 and 7:00?

Also - are there any folks on routes favorable to Potomac Yard, to consider a coffee club gathering at the Potomac Yard Starbucks?

(BTW -- where exactly is the Crystal City Coffee Club meeting point on Tuesdays? The Calendar entry only says: "Bring your coffee or buy it from nearby. Winter location is at Cosi nearby." Nearby to what??)
    Last edited by ChristoB50; 05-02-2019 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typos. it had to be typos.

10. Likes lordofthemark liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    I was all set to make this my first-ever coffee club attendance... even prepared to be a little late to work as a result. Til I remembered I had a conflicting dr's appt in N. Arlington this morning.

Generally, the starting times of the existing C.C.'s (as shown on the Google Calendar) don't work well with my necessary office-arrival time of 7:35.
    The Shirlington Best Buns Wednesdays would be the ideal C.C. to participate in (right off the path to work) -- but the 7:10 start time means I'd arrive, skip any coffee, get 60 seconds to say hi to whoever was on hand exactly right then and then have to leave.
    The worst bit is no coffee / socializing in that scenario! Are there any regulars who currently hit the Shirlington gathering, but routinely arrive between 6:30 and 7:00?

Also - are there any folks on routes favorable to Potomac Yard, to consider a coffee club gathering at the Potomac Yard Starbucks?

(BTW -- where exactly is the Crystal City Coffee Club meeting point on Tuesdays? The Calendar entry only says: "Bring your coffee or buy it from nearby. Winter location is at Cosi nearby." Nearby to what??)
    CCCC was started at the Crystal City Water Park - here

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8583...7i13312!8i6656

The winter location is this Cosi's on Crystal Drive

https://www.google.com/maps/@38.8555...7i13312!8i6656

This past Tuesday, however, we were at an outdoor table near the Cosi's instead of at the Waterpark.

Crystal City - a place of change and growth!

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any regulars who currently hit the Shirlington gathering, but routinely arrive between 6:30 and 7:00?
    I don't believe so.

Crystal City Water Park, a little north on Crystal Dr from the Cosi.

Post Thanks / Like

You can try the Georgetown Early Bird Coffee Club at Saxby's on Thursdays. They meet at about 6am and depart before 7.
    Also, feel free to show up at Best Buns at 6:45 for a few weeks. The other early arrivers will likely notice and start coming earlier, since they know they won't be alone.

The most recent "official" list is here, although the Java Shack Friday one is pretty much defunct. This should be similar to what is shown on the calendar.