Likes Likes:  345
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Are there any regulars who currently hit the Shirlington gathering, but routinely arrive between 6:30 and 7:00?
    I'm not sure where the precision of 7:10 came from for HDCC at Best Buns, but I tend to get there a bit before 7:00, especially in the Summer when I don't have to find as much clothing to wear.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks -- I opted to edit the Google Calendar entry for CCCC, to populate the Location field with the Water Park.

3. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Generally, the starting times of the existing C.C.'s (as shown on the Google Calendar) don't work well with my necessary office-arrival time of 7:35.
    One of the reasons Iíve never considered making one of these is because Iím also an early bird.

Also - are there any folks on routes favorable to Potomac Yard, to consider a coffee club gathering at the Potomac Yard Starbucks?
    My commute to Crystal City takes me through Potomac Yards. Which Starbucks did you mean? The one across from the Toyota dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    You can try the Georgetown Early Bird Coffee Club at Saxby's on Thursdays. They meet at about 6am and depart before 7.
    Thanks but that one's too far afield from my work route.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    One of the reasons I’ve never considered making one of these is because I’m also an early bird.
    My commute to Crystal City takes me through Potomac Yards. Which Starbucks did you mean? The one across from the Toyota dealer?
    Yes, I was specifically thinking the Starbucks across Rt 1 from Jack Taylor Toyota, since it has some outdoor seating (for nice weather) as well as a large common table inside.
    (EDIT: Though it has no bike racks - I always end up locking up to one of the handicapped parking-space sign posts.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    I'm not sure where the precision of 7:10 came from for HDCC at Best Buns, but I tend to get there a bit before 7:00...
    My guess is they are on the Google Calendar with such specific start times, to create a "stepped" presentation visually -- so that they more visually stand out from one another when they overlap... vs. any agreed-upon formal starting time...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I was specifically thinking the Starbucks across Rt 1 from Jack Taylor Toyota, since it has some outdoor seating (for nice weather) as well as a large common table inside.
    (EDIT: Though it has no bike racks - I always end up locking up to one of the handicapped parking-space sign posts.)
    Nector Coffee & Wine Bistro at Hume & Mt. Vernon & Commonwealth (it's a fun intersection) is probably closer to your work than that Starbucks. Less corporate too. And they have bike racks, though there would be no reason to lock up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Nector Coffee & Wine Bistro at Hume & Mt. Vernon & Commonwealth
    I could swing that without overshooting the office much at all. I currently pass directly by the Starbucks on my bike route, which is why it sprang to mind.
    (Red route = normal path. Orange route if trying Nector)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PY_Coffees.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	20034

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KWL View Post
    Nector Coffee & Wine Bistro at Hume & Mt. Vernon & Commonwealth (it's a fun intersection) is probably closer to your work than that Starbucks. Less corporate too. And they have bike racks, though there would be no reason to lock up.
    AND they have an awesome selection of waffles... yum yum yum

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks but that one's too far afield from my work route.
    IMO, in an ideal world, coffee isn't obtained from somewhere along your shortest commute. It's a lot better if you go out to Leesburg or somewhere similar.