Likes Likes:  345
Dislikes Dislikes:  4
ELITE ELITE:  13
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    I'm not sure where the precision of 7:10 came from for HDCC at Best Buns, but I tend to get there a bit before 7:00, especially in the Summer when I don't have to find as much clothing to wear.
    The 7:10 start time was established back when HDCC started in 2013. There also used to be a Rebel Coffee Club that met at the same time on Wednesdays at Java Shack, but they've gone underground or something.

Post Thanks / Like

theres a vending machine at my work that serves the same breakfast sandwiches as nector and it only charges $1.50 for them
    this is not a joke

3. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    IMO, in an ideal world, coffee isn't obtained from somewhere along your shortest commute. It's a lot better if you go out to Leesburg or somewhere similar.
    Yes, in an ideal world...!
    In this world alas, while a coffee stop doesn't have to be on my shortest route to work, it realistically can't be part of a total detour greater than probably 5 miles.

5. 05-02-2019, 05:32 PM

I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    I'm not sure where the precision of 7:10 came from for HDCC at Best Buns, but I tend to get there a bit before 7:00, especially in the Summer when I don't have to find as much clothing to wear.
    HDCC now officially starts at 6:58AM. See you there.

Falls Church VA or Bristol UK 🇬🇧 or Brazil 🇧🇷
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sjclaeys View Post
    The 7:10 start time was established back when HDCC started in 2013. There also used to be a Rebel Coffee Club that met at the same time on Wednesdays at Java Shack, but they've gone underground or something.
    May the Force be with the Resistance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes ginacico liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    I was all set to make this my first-ever coffee club attendance... even prepared to be a little late to work as a result. Til I remembered I had a conflicting dr's appt in N. Arlington this morning.

Generally, the starting times of the existing C.C.'s (as shown on the Google Calendar) don't work well with my necessary office-arrival time of 7:35.
    The Shirlington Best Buns Wednesdays would be the ideal C.C. to participate in (right off the path to work) -- but the 7:10 start time means I'd arrive, skip any coffee, get 60 seconds to say hi to whoever was on hand exactly right then and then have to leave.
    The worst bit is no coffee / socializing in that scenario! Are there any regulars who currently hit the Shirlington gathering, but routinely arrive between 6:30 and 7:00?

Also - are there any folks on routes favorable to Potomac Yard, to consider a coffee club gathering at the Potomac Yard Starbucks?

(BTW -- where exactly is the Crystal City Coffee Club meeting point on Tuesdays? The Calendar entry only says: "Bring your coffee or buy it from nearby. Winter location is at Cosi nearby." Nearby to what??)
    Iím with you - itís a rare day I get to attend coffee club bc of my early start time (Iím at work by 7am!). So even the Georgetown early birds are still a little late for me (gotta get to work by 6:30am to change & get ready). I donít think anyone is interested in a 5:30 CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo ... have tomorrow off...!
    So, as I keep forgetting to adjust on Wednesday and visit the Shirlington club on the way into work, I'm gonna try and drop in on the Arlington Coffee Club at Northside Social... anyone gonna be there?

(Then gonna try and drop in on the Crystal City Fridays Waterpark, if I finish all my chores in time...)

Steve O is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    Woohoo ... have tomorrow off...!
    I'm gonna try and drop in on the Arlington Coffee Club at Northside Social... anyone gonna be there?
    Look for rcannon; he's usually there. Tall guy with a big beard. Josh sometimes shows up, too. The others who are usually there are not as active on the forum as they used to be and people you likely have not met. Subby (Chris Shue) is wonderfully friendly and will make you feel welcome I'm sure. Likewise with GB (Greg Bain) if he is there. Just introduce yourself.

I will likely be at FCC Swing's.

rcannon100 is offline Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies! Puppies!
    "a minefield of dumb games and social cliques badly disguised as a forum for DC bike advocacy."
    Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the assimilation but the small group of us who have coffee on Fridays is not a "Coffee Club." The Friday Coffee Club is, or was, at Java Shack. Have coffee where ever you like.... but please consider the etiquette of crashing some else's social experience.

13. Dislikes josh disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a hard, "nobody else is welcome, thankyouverymuch".
    I was only suggesting it since it appears on the BAF Calendar as an open event.

15. Likes josh, Steve O liked this post