Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Weekly Coffee Gatherings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    I would discourage the idea of a Rosslyn Friday Coffee Club, since there is already one just up the street in Courthouse. A different day would be better. There are currently 4 Friday Coffee Clubs. Any new ones should probably be strategically located not too close to existing ones. That said, I believe Kitty has her own, private Rosslyn Coffee Club at whim.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJockey View Post
    Steve O, understood I was aware of the one near Courthouse but was interested if they had another existing nearby, I agree with your position and will attend FCC II at one point.

Kitty, if you are open for this Friday in the Rosslyn area give me the time and place and I'll make it.
    Sorry, that was my bad. I think because the one at Java Shack is so close to home (which is in Rosslyn) I think of it as being in Rosslyn, so that's what I was referring to. Steve-O is correct: it is in Courthouse. (See what happens once I stop riding the Metro?)

As for me, I'm afraid I'm not dependable for an early anything on Friday mornings. I have a longstanding commitment on Thursday nights that keeps me in the city very late. Sorry for the confusion!!! n(-.-)n

Post Thanks / Like

Default Velo Cafe

I did some recon this morning hoping to be Patient Zero at the Velo Café at the wharf since today is the wharf's grand opening and hours were listed as 7AM. Velo Cafe had boxes lying about and an unfinished interior, I'd give them at least a week. I'm confused though because their website says they would have a running coaching session this afternoon, I'll have to swing by later. If anyone has any info on the opening date for the cafe I'd be happy to know.

3. Likes Steve O, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice to meet ya this morning, SpaceJockey! I could try a 7 am coffee at Velo Cafe sometime - maybe on a Monday as that's a day that some of the forum members don't go to coffee club (some go to Mike's for pancakes, but I can never make that one).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fccii

Quote Originally Posted by streetsmarts View Post
    Nice to meet ya this morning, SpaceJockey! I could try a 7 am coffee at Velo Cafe sometime - maybe on a Monday as that's a day that some of the forum members don't go to coffee club (some go to Mike's for pancakes, but I can never make that one).
    Great meeting you as well! Agreed I doubt I will make it out to pancakes and Monday works great for me, when they open of course.

6. Likes CBGanimal liked this post