Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
ELITE ELITE:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kidical Mass Falls Church

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kidical Mass Falls Church

Taking a cue from dasgeh, Rob O and I are going to start leading Kidical Mass Falls Church rides once a month. We'll make our best effort to stagger them with the Kidical Mass ARL rides so you can maximize your family biking fun time.

Here's our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kidicalmassfc/

Please join and feel free to invite others if you think they may be interested! As with all Kidical rides, we welcome all body and bike types, as long as you support kids on bikes!

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Inaugural Kidical Mass Falls Church ride

https://www.facebook.com/events/304086069750148

Our very first Kidical Mass ride! For those of you in town that want to join us for a short bike ride, we'll be starting at local bike shop Bikenetic - Full Service Bicycle Shop and riding through the quiet streets of Falls Church ending up at Lincoln park where the kids can play. Here's the route!
    http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4709349

Get in a nice family ride before the Memorial Day Parade, fun run and festival on Monday!

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

Hooray! The Kidical Mass family is growing! I couldn't be more excited!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

And now on Twitter too: http://twitter.com/kidicalmassfc

Oh, and don't forget that Alexandria has started putting together a group too! https://twitter.com/KidicalMassALX

Post Thanks / Like

First of many rides in FC. Can't wait! Could there be a better starting point? NOPE!

Post Thanks / Like

This is fantastic for Falls Church - I know a few bike-friendly families that I will notify! My kids are older and can handle longer rides on their own wheels, but we know a few families with a younger child that aren't really comfortable enough to go out on the trails (or very far) yet with everyone on their own bikes. This is a great opportunity to go out with a lot of support.

Our family is probably out because of the day/time; we've got other Sunday morning obligations. If you can plan some so that they aren't all on Sunday morning that would be great! (Same too with Arlington KM!)

dasgeh is offline Queen of Family Biking & All Things Kidical
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just heard that Rockville is getting into the game too. KM DC, Arl, ALX, FC, Rockville, Gaithersburg (I think) and hopefully Reston. Not too shabby, I'd say. Though I'd love to see Bethesda, College Park, Takoma Park, Silver Spring and even Fairfax get in the game. Who's starting those?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford10 View Post
    Our family is probably out because of the day/time; we've got other Sunday morning obligations. If you can plan some so that they aren't all on Sunday morning that would be great! (Same too with Arlington KM!)
    Arlington is mixing up Saturdays and Sundays this year. Schedule here.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the site for Rockville. The rides won't work for us, because they are always on weekends, and we only ever have my granddaughter on weekdays. But I'm glad to see more bicycling stuff in Maryland generally. Believe me, I'm jealous of the amount of stuff that always seems to be going on in Virginia!

Quote Originally Posted by dasgeh View Post
    I've just heard that Rockville is getting into the game too. KM DC, Arl, ALX, FC, Rockville, Gaithersburg (I think) and hopefully Reston. Not too shabby, I'd say. Though I'd love to see Bethesda, College Park, Takoma Park, Silver Spring and even Fairfax get in the game. Who's starting those?

Arlington is mixing up Saturdays and Sundays this year. Schedule here.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to bail you today, when we got the bikes loaded up onto the car we decided to ride along the Potomac instead. We road with the kids from Gravelly point, over the 14th street bridge, up to Lincoln, and over to Arlington National Cemetary instead. We had a nice picnic on West Potomac Park before riding back to the car.

Post Thanks / Like

No worries Mikey. We had 32 people turn out for the ride. Way bigger than I was expecting and great support from folks that wanted a ride like this in falls church. Pictures are on the Facebook page at Facebook.com/groups/kidicalmassfc
    I'll post up again when our June ride details are ironed out.