Likes Likes:  263
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  23
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subby View Post
    They should have a design contest for next year's BTWD shirt. Not that I don't appreciate the shirt, I do. Just think you are missing a fun opportunity to make something cool and interesting, sourced from the community.
    The 'car free' table at Rosslyn was giving some very cool black T-shirts with a jumble of small white writing listing all the ways to manage without a car--when you stepped back the writing jumble merges into a white bike against the black background.

Post Thanks / Like

Now thats a covet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Friendly Guy View Post
    The 'car free' table at Rosslyn was giving some very cool black T-shirts with a jumble of small white writing listing all the ways to manage without a car--when you stepped back the writing jumble merges into a white bike against the black background.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan von Buckingham View Post
    Screw that. The rain paused for 10 minutes at 7:45 so I hit the bike. Then it started to pour again. Only a couple people at the Canal Park Pit stop at 3rd and M Street SE, but the volunteers were able to set up under some steps so they had decent cover.

And maybe it's not that God hates bicycles, but that God hates guns. Memorial Avenue is the road that connects Memorial Bridge with Arlington Cemetery. Where it crosses crosses the channel west of the circle is the District/Virginia line. DC government set up crowd control barriers at the border and blocking the sidewalk. The barriers had signs warning people of DC's statutes against certain types of guns. Apparently a gun rights group was planning a march on Washington today. They had eight people.
    That would explain why I saw a couple grumpy-looking older guys (scruffy beards, beer bellies, unkempt appearance) with "Impeach Obama" signs walking down an escalator yesterday. Actually they were blocking the escalator by standing side-by-side. I don't care if people have differing political or social opinions, but the "impeach" stuff just gets old (unless a president has actually committed an impeachable offense).

And yes, it does mean that I didn't bike all the way to work yesterday. I did bike back in the evening, on CaBi, although I had more difficulty finding a bike downtown than usual.
    Last edited by PotomacCyclist; 05-17-2014 at 11:11 AM.

PotomacCyclist is offline I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.
    Post Thanks / Like

Pics or it didn't happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford10 View Post
    Yep - I've ended up with 2 BTWD shirts, but remember our family of 5 set out this morning looking for goodies and I think we only have a total of 2 BTWD shirts right now. I also ended up with water bottles, blinkies, a U lock, a bandana, a lot of wet clothes and an imprint of my pedal on my leg. FABB tweeted this picture of phatboing and me in Tysons (he caught me going up Gallows). Then my office re-tweeted it. Keeping it classy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BnwigwTCEAA2X5a.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	5633
    I've been at non-BTWD events where they were handing out leftover BTWD T-shirts from previous years. I picked up a few last year and gave them to nieces and nephews.
    Last edited by PotomacCyclist; 05-17-2014 at 11:12 AM.

5. 05-17-2014, 11:08 AM

I spend all day thinking about bikes and talking to people on the internet about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Am I the only one who got one of these shirts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1108.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	5628

My wife got the BTWD shirt from the same stop. It's cool that I got the alternate shirt (even though I don't take Metro to work)!
    I didn't see that shirt. But I actually did bike to (BTWD then) Metro, then biked back home. (On CaBi, which is why I can take one-way bike trips like that. I do that fairly often.)

Post Thanks / Like

The good news for today is that my bike seems to have recovered from my attempt to use it as a river vehicle through Rock Creek. Yesterday, my wheel lights were refusing to turn off, which I suspected had to do with their having been shorted out due to being immersed right up to the axle when I tried to pedal the bicycle over a section of Rock Creek Trail which had gotten overflowed by Rock Creek. However, they seem to have resumed normal functioning today.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    One of these is not like the others.
    Okay, Steve,...I'll bite! -

Only one:

-is wearing black
    -works on Capitol Hill
    -has a dislocated shoulder and a half acre of road rash hidden tastefully under jacket and pants
    Answer: One is standing around in a t-shirt in a freaking monsoon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    The good news for today is that my bike seems to have recovered from my attempt to use it as a river vehicle through Rock Creek. Yesterday, my wheel lights were refusing to turn off, which I suspected had to do with their having been shorted out due to being immersed right up to the axle when I tried to pedal the bicycle over a section of Rock Creek Trail which had gotten overflowed by Rock Creek. However, they seem to have resumed normal functioning today.
    I popped a spoke this morning which I'm blaming on the weather yesterday morning, even though the two are likely not connected. But I've got to blame something!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Answer: One is standing around in a t-shirt in a freaking monsoon.
    I took my raincoat off early on. It wasn't very cold, and it was wetter inside than outside.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bike to Work Day 2014 - Video

Here's my video of Bike to Work Day 2014 - Monsoon Ride:

Contrast this year with last year: http://youtu.be/cDcRV-u7Ijk

I also realized from making the video that there were a lot more people that I did not recognize at first that morning that I now think, "Oh, that was [insert name]! How did I miss them?" and remember that it was early in the morning, way before my ability-to-recognize-people ability even kicks in.
    Last edited by bobco85; 05-18-2014 at 06:24 PM. Reason: recognizing people after the fact, grrr