Likes Likes:  263
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
ELITE ELITE:  23
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets hope the weather forecast is wrong...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamilkb View Post
    DC Freedom Plaza was kinda ...
    I walked over from the office in attempts to get my T-Shirt....nothing but a small group gathered around some guy giving some kinda speech.....
    Turned and walked back to the office...
    Oh well....
    I DO wonder where the T-Shirts are though...
    They're staying dry in a bus parked in front of the National Theater. Head back over and grab yours!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 83(b) View Post
    They're staying dry in a bus parked in front of the National Theater. Head back over and grab yours!
    I'm just now drying off from the initial walk over
    I'll just have to miss out this year

Post Thanks / Like

Rockford10 and I rolled out with our older son just before 7:00 and hit the officially-closed Falls Church stop, where I got a donut and a $20 gift card to Bikenetic (though no BTWD shirt)! Dropped our son off at school, and went out to East Falls Church where we got "Bike to Metro, Metro to Work" shirts (not the BTWD shirt!) and free Kryptonite U locks, even though we weren't registered there! Then back by the Falls Church stop where we met our younger son with Granddad on their ride in. Merrifield got us coffee and bagel, then Rockford split off to go to Tysons, and I hit the Vienna stop (which I almost didn't see back in the Whole Foods parking lot) for more coffee and a water bottle. It barely rained at all except right as we started out. So massive score on swag, pleasant ride, and hopefully we'll get our BTWD shirts when Falls Church reschedules their event (which they promise to do).

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

We few, we happy few

Canal Park stop was open - the tables were dry, they put them in the spot next to Park Tavern under the walkway.

I had intended to get up early and do Crystal City as well. But rose. got discouraged, decided to give up, and go back to bed. Couldn't sleep, went down to make coffee, opened the door "Its not THAT bad" and decided to bike it. But it was now later so I skipped CC and went straight to Canal Park.

There were almost a dozen cyclists there by the time I left - I was the only cyclist when I arrived, but I forgot to ask if anyone had come by earlier.

I got my shirt, a patch kit, and a water bottle. As well as a muffin, appled and a bottle of water.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 05-16-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Old Town was underneath the City Hall spot and at a little before 7am, I think there was like 8 of us folks who rode into it. Spokes gave me a $10 gift card, got a buy one/get one free chipotle burrito, my btwd shirt, some coffee, and a banana. Of course I'm there for 2 of the drawings (i think every 15 minutes) and they pull 76 and 78 out of three prizes. I had 77, haha. So I just gave it to a woman standing next to me who rode in and was waiting for someone--rather another rider win.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamilkb View Post
    I walked over from the office in attempts to get my T-Shirt....nothing but a small group gathered around some guy giving some kinda speech.....
    That would probably have been my boss, Sec of Transportation Foxx - he was supposed to ride back to the HQ, but apparently did not.

Post Thanks / Like

A friend tells me Friendship Heights was open. But my concession to the weather was to go down the CCT, not Wisconsin Avenue, so I didn't check it out personally.

Apparently the 23rd and Pennsylvania people got moved to Georgetown Waterfront.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GuyContinental View Post
    RULE 5 BTWD!

Heading out, GB and I are supposed to lead a ride to Tysons. Spectacularly bad idea...

Brave souls rally in Rosslyn! (and then when your convoy of first time riders doesn't show up, come to Java Shack... bring a towel)
    So there I was sitting there in bed thinking, ride, don't ride, ride, don't ride. I open up this thread and I'm leaning don't ride then suddenly I see this post, Rule 5. That was the motivating factor.

But I should warn others that the MVT (not surprisingly) has some areas where the Potomac has crested--usual spots just north of OT by the little hill with a curve, a little by Gravely Pt, and then fairly significantly in stretch leading up to Memorial Bridge but before the boardwalk. I think the worst will be around now since high tide is 9am something.

Also, where are the afternoon stops on the way home? I feel like maybe I can snag some of the cool swag that other folks got like another lock--never mind, saw other thread about it.
    Last edited by Terpfan; 05-16-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Erin and I rode the ten-ish blocks down to Busboys & Poets (Mt. Vernon Triangle) BTWD stop. Had coffee, got shirts and swag ziplock baggie, discussed keene bike sandals and the weather (of course) and then biked...back home, since today is a work-from-home day for us (beach trip this afternoon).

My second BTWD, and the first one where I got in early enough to get a t-shirt.

B

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Rockford10 and I rolled out with our older son just before 7:00 and hit the officially-closed Falls Church stop, where I got a donut and a $20 gift card to Bikenetic (though no BTWD shirt)! Dropped our son off at school, and went out to East Falls Church where we got "Bike to Metro, Metro to Work" shirts (not the BTWD shirt!) and free Kryptonite U locks, even though we weren't registered there! Then back by the Falls Church stop where we met our younger son with Granddad on their ride in. Merrifield got us coffee and bagel, then Rockford split off to go to Tysons, and I hit the Vienna stop (which I almost didn't see back in the Whole Foods parking lot) for more coffee and a water bottle. It barely rained at all except right as we started out. So massive score on swag, pleasant ride, and hopefully we'll get our BTWD shirts when Falls Church reschedules their event (which they promise to do).
    Excellent! Congratulations on your bounty--Wow, a Kryptonite U-Lock! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy (and wife) (and kids) (and Granddad)