Likes Likes:  2,131
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 59 of 163 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    This is what I got. Cheap. Possibly too simple. Doubtless not weather resistant. Better than what I had before, for my purposes.
    Felt I should update this. I noticed today that the thing seems to be wearing the paint off of my seat tube after only a couple of rides. I have a suspicion that this is because the frame is from 1984, and only a mid-grade Schwinn to begin with. I don't know much about frame paint at all, but the old paint seems to be done in layers, rather than as a single powder coat, and the top layer is definitely the easiest to disturb. I'm going to try a bit of old inner tube at that point to minimize the rubbing. Anyway, thought I'd throw this out there. YMMV. Nice bag other than that, particularly for the price.

Post Thanks / Like

This. (http://www.aerostich.com/thermometer-clip.html)

The thing I miss most about switching to GPS and not using a traditional bike computer anymore (most recently had had the Planet Bike Protege 9) is having a thermometer to refer to during rides. Came across this little guy. Plan to clip it onto handlebars so I can know how freezing my saddle is.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Unanticipated bag purchase...one of the clips on my Ortlieb broke and it's out of warranty. I can probably fix it, but I kinda need something right now, and was happy to have an excuse to upgrade. I love many things about the Ortlieb, but its functionality is limited since its essentially a big open hole with no pockets. Swung by Revolution to check out their Chrome selection and walked away with this:

Occasionally Arlington, VA. But mainly in Lima, Peru.
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Chrome bag when you have spent some time with it... currently commuting with excellent Arkel Panniers, but looking for a different "off bike" solution to be able to switch to a lighter bike when the mood takes me...

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pete View Post
    Nice. Looking forward to your thoughts on the Chrome bag when you have spent some time with it... currently commuting with excellent Arkel Panniers, but looking for a different "off bike" solution to be able to switch to a lighter bike when the mood takes me...
    A few of us have these packs: http://banjobrothers.com/products/cu...ckpack-medium/

It also comes in red or white and there is a larger version available.

I have had mine for about 4 years now, I think. I can't recommend it enough. It is lightweight but bombproof (I have crashed numerous times in the woods wearing this), fully waterproof, reflective. I like how these sit low on the back, much more comfortable than the messenger bag I used to use (and holds a lot more too). Best is that it only costs $80.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Chrome backpack that I've worn at least four days a week, every week, for the last three years. It's fantastic. It wasn't until sometime in year 3 that it didn't look brand new anymore. The only time anything inside it has ever gotten wet was when something inside the bag leaked, and I've ridden in some downpours. One of the strap tensioners stopped working and they replaced it under warranty (lifetime). They are pricey, but they are awesome bags and I keep looking for excuses to get a second one.

Occasionally Arlington, VA. But mainly in Lima, Peru.
    Post Thanks / Like

In the meantime, doing what I can to prepare for more BAFS riding...

All worn today. The Sidi boots really did make a difference, the Castelli Wind tights are certainly warmer than the "not Wind" bibs I usually ride in.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Argh
    Booooo!!! Hissssss!!!! (Cause copyrights and all)

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

And thanks to Dirt and the Bikenetic guys for my new headset. It feels great and looks better without the canti hanger.