Likes Likes:  1,972
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 54 of 155 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Still need to do some adjustments and get a locking so I can flip the rear wheel over to fixed, but for $300 I'm pretty impressed. I swapped out the cheap-o CX tires for a set of Vittoria Randonneur city tires, but I don't plan to change anything until parts wear out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418943501.304407.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	7220
    Nashbar Single-Speed Cyclocross Bike?

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    That's the one....although the price has gone back up already.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    That's the one....although the price has gone back up already.
    When I have more space, I'd like to have a SS/FG and am curious when people opt for Nashbar or BD over the other. Can I ask what steered you to the Nashbar bike instead of something like the Motobecane Fantom Cross UNO?

Post Thanks / Like

When I have more space, I'd like to have a SS/FG and am curious when people opt for Nashbar or BD over the other. Can I ask what steered you to the Nashbar bike instead of something like the Motobecane Fantom Cross UNO?
    Maybe because Fantom Cross UNO is a stupid name for a bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    Maybe because Fantom Cross UNO is a stupid name for a bike.
    My inner teenager secretly want to get one of these, only to remove the stickers and rearrange them to say BACON on the downtube

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

My first preference was the Kilo WT, which can take 45mm tires and fenders, even with its caliper brakes...I was about to pull the trigger, but went over to Nashbar just to double check things, and saw the massive sale, so I couldn't pass up the $300 price on the Nashbar SSCX (vs $450 for the Kilo WT). I also like the plain blue color. I've seen the Motobecane CX bikes in person and the graphics are really ugly IMO, and I wanted something other than black...so that was never on my short list.

State Bicycles is now selling CX bikes for $580, and I considered one of those since my State FG has been a really good bike, but they're kinda ugly and don't have eyelets. That's also getting close to the price point at which I'd rather just build up a Bianchi San Jose or a CrossCheck or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

My inner teenager secretly want to get one of these, only to remove the stickers and rearrange them to say BACON on the downtube
    I support this wholeheartedly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicDiesel View Post
    Got these installed yesterday:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10832280_804125822962011_1346032489_n.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	7221
    Orange Surly decals?!?!?! Me like-ee. Is that a head tube badge, too?

That cage looks awesome, too. Nice pickups.

DismalScientist is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

BD vs. Nashbar? I look at price for the specs exclusively. That said, BD seems to put more grease in their hubs than Nashbar. In that sense, BD has easier initial assembly and setup, but this wouldn't affect my purchase decision much.

Post Thanks / Like

Christmas has arrived. My wife now has a Breezer Uptown EX-LS, fresh from Papillon Cycles. Just the type of bike she wanted all along. The old bike just didn't have that personality. *It* (the Schwinn Essence in the Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00407.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	7226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0018.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	7227second photo) is now with Larry Behery @ The Old Bike Shop, probably already on the sales floor.

Now, my original intent was one with a dynohub. That didn't happen, but I have a Euro lighting solution soon. After I've run my mouth for so long, I *should* practice what I preach, non?
    Last edited by Starduster; 12-23-2014 at 08:55 AM.