Likes Likes:  2,177
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  120
Page 162 of 164 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164 LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1640

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Judd is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Great-great-grandpa Steve O.
    Standing by for Dismalís post lamenting the invention of the derailleur...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Likes bentbike33, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes (actually often as I grow older) I don't want to peddle that hard and I sacrifice speed. An example was yesterday in the heat returning from a century on the W&OD to Clarks Gap and then to Waterford. I don't want the bike to tell me what gear I should be in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Wait. It automatically shifts? I'm still getting used to indexed shifting.
    No. But you can set it up that it will change the front or rear derailleur into the most optimal gear for your speed/effort based on gear inches and all that techie stuff. There are lots of ways you can set it up to change gears. I just do the normal up/down front/rear but there are other options.

5. Likes Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kwarkentien View Post
    No. But you can set it up that it will change the front or rear derailleur into the most optimal gear for your speed/effort based on gear inches and all that techie stuff. There are lots of ways you can set it up to change gears. I just do the normal up/down front/rear but there are other options.
    Unless it has a flux capacitor option, I’m not interested.

7. Likes ursus, Steve O, SarahBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Sounds like you have to upgrade your car then so itíll match your bike. Stick shifts are for grandpas.
    Nah, best theft deterrent, ever. Ban automatic transmission and texting while driving? Solved.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cross shifter's worst nightmare... Just let me cross shift, d@mn it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCynic View Post
    Cross shifter's worst nightmare... Just let me cross shift, d@mn it!

Just because something can be setup one way doesn't mean it has to be. (Says the person who hasn't ridden a bike with a front derailleur in approximately forever.)

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think regular Di2 can do this truly automatically. Apparently STEPS+Di2 can be fully automatic, since it has a built-in torque and cadence sensor that can talk to a Di2 RD, but that's only for ebikes. At least with my current setup, the only "automatic" thing is that when I'm on my big ring, and downshift from my second-lowest to lowest cog, the big ring automatically shifts to the small ring and the cassette automatically shifts back up to the 3rd lowest cog (this is fully customizable). So in practice, I never use my left/big ring shifter, since all the big/little ring changes are handled automatically based on the cog I select with the right shifter. But I still have to manually shift the rear in order to trigger an automatic front shift.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    ...the only "automatic" thing is that when I'm on my big ring, and downshift from my second-lowest to lowest cog, the big ring automatically shifts to the small ring and the cassette automatically shifts back up to the 3rd lowest cog (this is fully customizable).
    This seems a bit dangerous to me given the amount of the ratio change that occurs, especially if this occurs during an out-of-the-saddle climb. I do not ride Di2, but I do have Campy EPS. It does not shift to another gear automatically, but it does detect chain rub and automatically trim the FD to eliminate it.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCynic View Post
    This seems a bit dangerous to me given the amount of the ratio change that occurs, especially if this occurs during an out-of-the-saddle climb. I do not ride Di2, but I do have Campy EPS. It does not shift to another gear automatically, but it does detect chain rub and automatically trim the FD to eliminate it.
    Not sure what you mean. This type of shift is a common, rider-initiated shift that could be done with our without Di2 (a front downshift quickly followed by a rear upshift), that overall minimizes the ratio change and avoids cross-chaining. Di2 just does it faster and without having to press the button for the front shift if you set it up that way. Not sure why anyone would do such a shift while out of the saddle though, regardless of their drivetrain.