Likes Likes:  2,131
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 159 of 163 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 1629

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

That purple looks really close to the color of my Bridgestone XO-1. A good match is Testors Boyd 52704 "Grape Pearl".

2. Likes ChristoB50, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A happy outcome today... after visiting the hobby shop to search for Grape Pearl paint (no luck) I switched gears to outfitting the Bianchi with some accessories...
    Some Ergon grips, a Mirrycle mirror which I love on my ebike, a new folding lock, new pedals (flats one side, clips the other), front & rear lights and a new saddle to try out.
    Once I got all that in place at home, I decided to give the whole frame a wipe-down, and that's when I discovered the scar on the fork was actually "on" the fork, not gouging through the paint, and it eventually all came off!
    Next up, a rear rack, and perhaps some fenders if there's clearance for them...

4. Likes LhasaCM, Judd, huskerdont, drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoB50 View Post
    A happy outcome today... after visiting the hobby shop to search for Grape Pearl paint (no luck) I switched gears to outfitting the Bianchi with some accessories...
    Some Ergon grips, a Mirrycle mirror which I love on my ebike, a new folding lock, new pedals (flats one side, clips the other), front & rear lights and a new saddle to try out.
    Once I got all that in place at home, I decided to give the whole frame a wipe-down, and that's when I discovered the scar on the fork was actually "on" the fork, not gouging through the paint, and it eventually all came off!
    Next up, a rear rack, and perhaps some fenders if there's clearance for them...
    Though you don't need it at the moment, clear fingernail polish is a good alternative when you can't find the color or temporarily until you do. Keeps it from corroding at least. I always keep clear and black fingernail polish in the bike tool box.

6. Likes ChristoB50 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hex wrenches. Pretty ones.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6911.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	20566

8. Likes Emm, Judd, Boomer2U liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really a purchase here... family gifted me a Spurcycle Bell for my 2nd bike... Guess I gotta get back to riding now?

10. Likes Hancockbs, Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Loading up on winter gear with Christmas presents and gift cards
    - Thermal jersey
    - Merino wool base layers
    - Pearl Izumi AmFib tights
    - Ski goggles

Had to return some lobster gloves that didn't fit
    Next purchase is going to be new shoes/boots once I find something good for commuting and fit my wide feet

12. Likes Judd liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a #RaphaMoment and added a frame bag to Hi-Ho Silver while Coffeeneuring...

Sent from Boomer_Cycles via my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So, in August of 2018, I broke my full suspension MTB frame. It was under warranty, but because of some manufacturing issues, it never got replaced. So, almost a year and a half later, HAPPY NEW BIKE DAY! 2020 Norco Optic. Unfortunately, it has been raining and the trails are slop, so it might be a bit before I actually get a chance to ride it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0596[1].jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	20652
    (Sorry for the odd photo on the back of my car in the dark... The other photos are upside down and I will not subject you to contorting your neck to oogle my beautiful new bike!)

15. Likes drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    So, in August of 2018, I broke my full suspension MTB frame. It was under warranty, but because of some manufacturing issues, it never got replaced. So, almost a year and a half later, HAPPY NEW BIKE DAY! 2020 Norco Optic. Unfortunately, it has been raining and the trails are slop, so it might be a bit before I actually get a chance to ride it...
    Was it that long ago that you, Tonya, Jo, and I were practicing getting over logs at the bowl? Looks like we can go play on some more obstacles, but I'd highly recommend a bash guard (always one of my first purchases with my mountain bikes)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Was it that long ago that you, Tania, Jo, and I were practicing getting over logs at the bowl? Looks like we can go play on some more obstacles, but I'd highly recommend a bash guard (always one of my first purchases with my mountain bikes)
    Hahaha! Yes, it has been a while. I remember that, since it was the day my brake pads fell out somewhere along the trail. Oops!

And yes, as soon as it stops raining (or we get a hard freeze), I am planning to head up to the 'Shed and play on some rocks.

18. Likes Judd liked this post