Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 109 of 163 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1629

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    You must have some strong legs.

Congrats on the bike making the Bikenetic front page.
    The gearing is just off 70 gear inches in either direction, depending on what tires are on. That's pretty average—or even low-ish—for this area.

I was pretty happy about the Bikenetic pics! It got a lot of remarks on their Facebook page, and I'm told it got many comments every day while it was in the shop.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    great pic, but Hella uncut steerer tube
    Yup. It looks much better cut down! Even now it still has a couple of spacers above the stem: based on the geometry, I figured out exactly the the spacers I would want...but decided to leave a couple extra up top so I could ride it and be sure before cutting it all the way off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AFHokie View Post
    These arrived today so we are sure to have a mild winter this year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150902_190342146.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9508
    Well, if it is a mild winter, I'm sure there will be a some metal concert coming through the area and you can wear them in the mosh pit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    The gearing is just off 70 gear inches in either direction, depending on what tires are on. That's pretty average—or even low-ish—for this area.
    TwoWheels is running like 79gi now according to another topic. I don't know how you guys do it. My 145lbs frame just can't get that spinning fast enough off the line for me to be happy. Thus the 2 speed IGH for me. 66gi and 85gi.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Yup. It looks much better cut down! Even now it still has a couple of spacers above the stem: based on the geometry, I figured out exactly the the spacers I would want...but decided to leave a couple extra up top so I could ride it and be sure before cutting it all the way off.
    I know it's less stylish, but leaving an extra 5mm on top even when you know exactly what you want is not a bad idea since different headsets and different stems vary in stack height. (E.g. when you someday replace your headset with a shiny CK headset that may be a little taller [or shorter] than the Cane Creek headset you have on there now.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by americancyclo View Post
    great pic, but Hella uncut steerer tube
    It's dkel's choice whether to circumcise and limit his options down the road, but IMO that's very little excess steer tube. Is that really all that Soma provides?

Looks great. Glad you got it -- IIRC soma had some supply problems (underestimated demand?).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    I know it's less stylish, but leaving an extra 5mm on top even when you know exactly what you want is not a bad idea since different headsets and different stems vary in stack height.
    +1 Also you might keep the bike long enough that your riding position preference changes. You're already using a positive rise stem...

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peterw_diy View Post
    It's dkel's choice whether to circumcise and limit his options down the road, but IMO that's very little excess steer tube. Is that really all that Soma provides?

Looks great. Glad you got it -- IIRC soma had some supply problems (underestimated demand?).
    No, no, he (americancyclo) meant the bikenetic front page pic, where the uncut steerer extended beyond the top of the photo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it -- IIRC soma had some supply problems (underestimated demand?).
    I waited a few months for the frame to come in. I think the supply problems were in part due to underestimated demand, but also largely due to the dock workers strike that created a massive backup. Soma is fully stocked now, though: if you wanted a Wolverine, you could have it in a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

You may be looking at a different picture, but IMO the foot long steerer tube has moved from "extremely generous" to "road hazard".