Likes Likes:  2,062
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 108 of 159 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1583

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

@dkel, that build is really sweet. I am jealous of all that orange. The silver and black components look great. Attention to detail top-notch. Impressive!

My only recommendation would be to swap out that TRP rotor for something that stops better (and whines/shudders less). I like my Avid HSX, but there are simpler versions of that pattern that will cost less. @KayakCyndi might have a recommendation too, not sure what she chose to replace her TRP rotors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ian74 View Post
    Sweet ride, I really like the wheels, and the color. I wish I had the confidence to ride a bike with only one gear. Also, what does the second brake lever do? I see no cable and no rear brake.
    Thanks for the compliments. The second lever looks pretty. Other than that, it's just somewhere to put my right hand. Sounds stupid, I know. I just like drop bars with hoods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    @dkel, that build is really sweet. I am jealous of all that orange. The silver and black components look great. Attention to detail top-notch. Impressive!

My only recommendation would be to swap out that TRP rotor for something that stops better (and whines/shudders less). I like my Avid HSX, but there are simpler versions of that pattern that will cost less. @KayakCyndi might have a recommendation too, not sure what she chose to replace her TRP rotors.
    Thanks, @hozn. I remember hearing about the TRP rotors—probably right here on the forum. I have only ridden the thing a couple of miles, but I liked the feel of the caliper, and didn't feel the stopping power was particularly good. It was fine, but not as good as the BB7s on my Straggler. I'll get around to doing something about it, and I appreciate your recommendations, as always!

Post Thanks / Like

I was having extra trouble (noise and lack of grip) with my TRP rotor after switching to sintered pads on the front so I picked up one of the below. So far so good, and under $12 to my door.

http://www.aawyeah.com/ashima-airoto...e-rotor-160mm/

Post Thanks / Like

dkel - what did you end up choosing for your gearing/gain ratio/gear inches/choose the variable name? Eyeball tells me 50t on the front and the rear is ????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dplasters View Post
    dkel - what did you end up choosing for your gearing/gain ratio/gear inches/choose the variable name? Eyeball tells me 50t on the front and the rear is ????
    Gearing is 55x21 or 55x22. It's not a big difference, but it's enough to offset throwing on knobby tires (or studs) or adding additional luggage. Did I mention it will totally get racks and fenders? It's no hipster fixie!

Post Thanks / Like

Not mine - we bought this from Powerful Pete for my wife (immediate goal of doing the Seagull Metric Century in October). She just got back from riding it home (plus 3 Hains Point laps). We're very excited.

I mean, when your spouse gets a new bike, you can get a new bike, right?

Barb's new bike! by Jon, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Gearing is 55x21 or 55x22. It's not a big difference, but it's enough to offset throwing on knobby tires (or studs) or adding additional luggage. Did I mention it will totally get racks and fenders? It's no hipster fixie!
    You must have some strong legs.

Congrats on the bike making the Bikenetic front page.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GovernorSilver View Post
    You must have some strong legs.

Congrats on the bike making the Bikenetic front page.
    great pic, but Hella uncut steerer tube

Post Thanks / Like

These arrived today so we are sure to have a mild winter this year:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150902_190342146.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	9508