Likes Likes:  1,997
Dislikes Dislikes:  7
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 156 of 156 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156
Results 1,551 to 1,551 of 1551

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest bike

Latest bike purchased is my only bike, today (I once had a generic hybrid 10-speed, which I last rode 27+ years ago before selling at a yard sale.) Staring down the calendar at my 50th birthday earlier this summer, long too sedentary and out of shape, I opted for a throttleless pedal-assist ebike, counting on it to make easing back into biking both fun and less painful, and thus (I hoped!) a form of repeatable exercise I could stick with, for once!
    I took possession of it March 2 of this year, with me weighing in at 303 pounds; I am now this close to 4,000 miles ridden since, having lost 55 pounds in the process. I commute to the office on it when possible (next week should hit my 100th office commute.) I realize that is a long way from a car-free lifestyle (which I'm not currently trying to attain) and my inaugural year stats are a drop in the bucket compared to many riders... nonetheless, a huge personal thrill and achievement for me (miles, weight loss and stick-to-it behavior) since maybe in my whole life before this bike, I might have racked up 150 biked miles?
    Now working on seeing how long into winter I can continue this new pattern... Managed 24 miles today and after, promptly went to REI for better warm sock options...
    Last edited by Christob50; Today at 10:19 AM. Reason: typo

2. Likes huskerdont, Tania liked this post