Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1462

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Delete your account.
    It's a small bike! (I could probably fit on a medium too.)

I actually have no idea really how to fit a MTB but I have had wrist/hand and back pain on this bike that could just be a result of MTBing. I mostly want this as a gravel bike right now, but the stack is about 40-50mm more than my drop bar bikes and the reach 10-15mm more. The wide flat bars and short stem really change the meaning of those measurements though. It's weird!

Post Thanks / Like

My bike (2012 Trek 7300) is officially deceased. The kickstand snapped off in the cold. And when they went to check it out, it turned out that the problem wasn't the kickstand itself, but that a piece of the frame had broken off.

So I went in today to buy a new one. This time, I could afford a nicer bike. I had various ideas for what I might want. Maybe a Trek FX, to get a fixed suspension. Maybe an internal hub or belt drive. Maybe disk brakes.

What did I end up with? A Verve 2. Yeah, actually a slight downgrade from what I had before. (The current equivalent of the Trek 7300 is the Verve 3, but to get rigid suspension, I had to go for the Verve 2.)

Apparently, I have very plebeian tastes in bikes.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    My bike (2012 Trek 7300) is officially deceased. The kickstand snapped off in the cold. And when they went to check it out, it turned out that the problem wasn't the kickstand itself, but that a piece of the frame had broken off.

So I went in today to buy a new one. This time, I could afford a nicer bike. I had various ideas for what I might want. Maybe a Trek FX, to get a fixed suspension. Maybe an internal hub or belt drive. Maybe disk brakes.

What did I end up with? A Verve 2. Yeah, actually a slight downgrade from what I had before. (The current equivalent of the Trek 7300 is the Verve 3, but to get rigid suspension, I had to go for the Verve 2.)

Based on your description of your riding habits, I'd say going rigid was the right choice. Lighter, stiffer, and one fewer thing to break.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Based on your description of your riding habits, I'd say going rigid was the right choice. Lighter, stiffer, and one fewer thing to break.
    Yeah, people had suggested the FX in order to get the rigid suspension. But when I tried it, I found the handlebars too low for the upright riding position I prefer. I was delighted to learn that the newer models of the Verve had a way to get the rigid suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to consider trying to get the old frame replaced by Trek if the damage wasn't caused by something you did. I know someone who has had two frames replaced under the frame warranty.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/trek_bikes_warranty/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    You may want to consider trying to get the old frame replaced by Trek if the damage wasn't caused by something you did. I know someone who has had two frames replaced under the frame warranty.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/trek_bikes_warranty/
    Unfortunately, the frame warranty applies only to the original owner, and I bought the bike used. The good news is, having bought this one new, I will get the warranty this time.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 03-26-2017 at 10:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

If you still have the bike and all the parts I bet that can be fixed. (Edit). Took a look a the frame online and it is likely an easy fix for someone that can Tig weld and just so happens to have a 600 pound Syncrowave. No shipping on this one, gonna need to bring it over.
    Last edited by Vicegrip; 03-27-2017 at 09:02 AM.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope they sold you a bike with presta valves on both tires this time...

9. Likes ian74, hozn, Vicegrip, huskerdont, Judd liked this post
    mstone is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, or the opposite. The big vendors mostly sell to the least common denominator, and a whole lot of people look at the big suspension and think "that looks really comfy, that's the bike I want for my garage". There are a lot of bikes out there with upright positioning and without a suspension fork, but finding them is harder than the mass market items.

<I'll ELITE myself on the way out>

11. Likes cvcalhoun liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mstone View Post
    Well, or the opposite. The big vendors mostly sell to the least common denominator, and a whole lot of people look at the big suspension and think "that looks really comfy, that's the bike I want for my garage". There are a lot of bikes out there with upright positioning and without a suspension fork, but finding them is harder than the mass market items.

<I'll ELITE myself on the way out>
    ? Was in a Performance bike last week and there were plenty. Flat, road, disk, cheap, expensive and in-between. Not trying to sell Peformance bike or any brand just point to one sellers selection of bike types.

http://www.performancebike.com/webap..._400001_400306