Page 47 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingfool View Post
    He hates 'Murica.
    No-wuhhh! I have to play for the Thanksgiving Day service at the church. I guess that's what I get for being an organist.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not strictly a biking purchase but I finally got a smart phone and have downloaded strava.

Post Thanks / Like

Been kind of a busy week since I bought Bert (my new Surly Pugsley Ops) but I took him out for a spin on the Greenway on Saturday. So much fun to ride but riding through the snow and ice was like riding through wet sand. A great legs and heart workout but I only managed to ride eight miles in an hour.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenwayBert.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	7110

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicDiesel View Post
    Been kind of a busy week since I bought Bert (my new Surly Pugsley Ops) but I took him out for a spin on the Greenway on Saturday. So much fun to ride but riding through the snow and ice was like riding through wet sand. A great legs and heart workout but I only managed to ride eight miles in an hour.
    8 MPH on a fat tire bike... in deep snow... in MN cold is pretty frigg'n fast if you ask me. Kudos buddy!

5. Likes KLizotte, cyclingfool, NicDiesel, Lt. Dan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie View Post
    8 MPH on a fat tire bike... in deep snow... in MN cold is pretty frigg'n fast if you ask me. Kudos buddy!
    It was actually a little toasty on Saturday - 30 and quite humid and sunny - so I was roasting like a Thanksgiving turkey out there. It is a GREAT workout but when the snow is like wet sand I think I'm going to be lucky to do 10 miles until I drop another 50lbs or so. Today it's a balmy -2 (but feels like -9) so the snow should be nice and frozen for easy riding. Well, at least I hope it is.

7. Likes dasgeh, Dickie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    It's not strictly a biking purchase but I finally got a smart phone and have downloaded strava.
    I downloaded Strava this weekend, too. First time out with it I didn't set it up properly and obtained no data. The second time out - this morning - it only recorded about 1/3 of my commute. I had my phone in my back jersey pocket, so I don't know if I inadvertantly stopped Strava or what. I do know that in the 4 hours after I started Strava this a.m. that it soaked up 1/2 of my cellphone battery, so I will have to be more vigilant about closing the app.

Post Thanks / Like

Strava should soak up little if any battery. Since you are new to smartphones as well, my guess is that something else is going on. Maybe someone at HDCC can help. Also, navigating (vs recording) WILL eat up battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    Strava should soak up little if any battery. Since you are new to smartphones as well, my guess is that something else is going on. Maybe someone at HDCC can help. Also, navigating (vs recording) WILL eat up battery.
    I'm new to Strava, but not to smartphones. That said, I could probably compile the entirety of my IT knowledge into 140 characters, so it's not shocking to me that my rollout here has been less than smooth.

jrenaut is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

After talking about it for years, we finally got a sewing machine. I plan to make my own Moose Mitts and essentially a kayak skirt for the back of the Xtracycle so the kids stay warmer and dryer in bad weather. Now I just have to learn to sew.

12. Likes dasgeh, mcfarton, cyclingfool, Dickie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased the Sparse Bike Lights .. from Urban Outfitters... effectively for 30% off.. which is a solid deal.

But I purchased bike lights from Urban Outfitters for crying out loud. I am so hipster my inseam just shrank ironically.