Likes Likes:  2,213
Dislikes Dislikes:  9
ELITE ELITE:  120
Page 166 of 167 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1669

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Yes! I love how panniers can clip directly to the top of the sides of shopping carts.
    OMG!!!! I have been shopping with panniers for centuries, and I never thought of this. I just put my pannier in the cart.

The benefits are many-fold: ease of carrying, doesn't take up space in the cart, eyeball your capacity, knock over small children.
    Thanks, drevil!!!

2. Likes dbehrend, huskerdont, drevil liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Iíve done panniers in the inside of the cart. I like to go to Giant and use their Scan It scanner gun. You can pack your panniers as you shop and then just scan the gun to pay at the end and youíre ready to jump on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tania View Post

Sunyata - no basil memories in stock (at least not last night or not with the other baskets). They're getting in the Banjo Bros grocery panniers so I can see them in person.
    Bummer, they used to have them. You are more than welcome to try mine out to see how they work for what you want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Judd View Post
    I’ve done panniers in the inside of the cart. I like to go to Giant and use their Scan It scanner gun. You can pack your panniers as you shop and then just scan the gun to pay at the end and you’re ready to jump on the bike.
    I do this also. Banjo Bro panniers hook right onto the sides of the inside of the cart. I use the Scan-it gun & pack my panniers exactly how I want, then pay, walk out, hook 'em on the bike and ride off confident that I haven't bought more than I can carry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    I do this also. Banjo Bro panniers hook right onto the sides of the inside of the cart. I use the Scan-it gun & pack my panniers exactly how I want, then pay, walk out, hook 'em on the bike and ride off confident that I haven't bought more than I can carry.
    Me too, except ortliebs. For a long grocery list I bring front and rear panniers. For an even longer list, I bring the trailer.

7. Likes LhasaCM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went with the Banjo Brothers grocery panniers which have a fully open top (much like a basket), fold up and were stupidly easy to put on and take off.

Shopping this am was too much fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	groceries.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	24723

9. Likes ChristoB50, LhasaCM, Sunyata liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris_s View Post
    Best part of this is that the Banjo Brothers bags use closed triangles for the lower "hook" and therefore unlike old-school panniers with "S" lower hooks don't get caught on the cart. Only problem with the triangles is using them on racks that don't have lower hooks of their own, like front lowrider racks. I bought a box of vinyl-coated 3/8" "P" clamps (since LBSes only seem to stock the larger ones that fit seat stays) and attached the Banjo Brothers silver dropout hooks to my lowriders with them so I can run the bags up front, too.

If anybody wants/needs P clamps this size, let me know as I have more than I'll ever need and would be glad to give away extras gratis.

Name:	Lowrider-P-clamp.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	24786

Post Thanks / Like

Just got a 2021 Tern S00. This model has a belt drive and continuously variable shifting. It's equipped with the front pizza rack, wider running boards in the back, extensions for the kickstand and huge panniers on the back. I've put a little over 40 miles on it the past few days.

I'm 6'3" and it fits me great with several inches of seat post left to spare. The riding position is upright like a Dutch bike which I really like. The pedal assist includes four modes: eco, tour, sport and turbo. It's a heavy bike. With the power off it rides similar to a CaBi as far as effort. Eco mode provides enough assist to make the effort to speed feel more like my normal commuter. Tour mode makes the effort a bit easier and I don't see using more than this that frequently. I've only used sport and turbo for instances where I wanted to clear an intersection quickly (Crossing Route 1 in traffic, eek!) or on a heavy traffic road (West and East Glebe). Switching between modes is an easy thumb push and the motor shift between modes is smooth.

The bags are really great. The tops can fold in to make them like a bucket or can be stuffed full like a pannier. Tomorrow is the first test of hauling the Surly Bill Trailer that I use for Friends of the Mount Vernon Trail events.

Name:	07736261-2273-4EFA-A243-4A15C0B7BE51.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	25241

12. Likes Sunyata, SarahBee, Serdar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drevil View Post
    Yes! I love how panniers can clip directly to the top of the sides of shopping carts. It also gives me a good idea of the capacity of what I can bring home. If you get a cart big enough, you can just have them clipped on the inside of the cart and not knock over too many apples... I mean, I imagine you'd knock over less stuff
    I love doing this at Giant where you can ring up your groceries as you shop and load them straight into the panniers. I have open top market panniers and I use a canvas bag because it allows me to tie the tops closed so nothing falls out and it helps keep the stuff from shifting. Itís also easier to bring my groceries upstairs without bring up the whole panniers. I also have some shaped packing material that exactly fits a dozen eggs and some bubble wrap to keep glass jars from knocking again each other.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Time for a makeover!

Name:	6A80081C-B4EA-47D2-A6DD-D69FF7B741C9.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	21765
    Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    Got the rest of the components for the makeover:

Name:	240CB167-98C2-4EF8-8AF5-D6E876156E4B.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	21878
    Finally, months after acquiring the parts, Iíve finished the makeover!

Name:	DDD03154-F229-4360-84F1-E595F2C6C500.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	25299

Name:	10BB0BE3-68C8-48FB-8509-9FA3EF85C543.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	25300

15. Likes huskerdont, Sunyata, Steve O liked this post