Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147
Results 1,461 to 1,467 of 1467

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    Or, build "November-style" and run CX-Ray up front and non-drive rear, Laser or Race drive-side rear.
    What's the advantage to running Lasers for DS rear?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hozn View Post
    What's the advantage to running Lasers for DS rear?
    saves money. the rear DS spokes see the "dirtiest" air, and bladed spokes there give no aero benefit. Also, cheaper to replace if you suck the chain between the spokes and cassette.

hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Meatmotor View Post
    saves money. the rear DS spokes see the "dirtiest" air, and bladed spokes there give no aero benefit. Also, cheaper to replace if you suck the chain between the spokes and cassette.
    Ah, ok. Yeah, I probably wouldn't do that on a wheel I'm building. I'm either going to acknowledge that there's no meaningful aero advantage and just go Laser or I'm going to use CX Rays for the build enjoyment and aesthetic appreciation of the final product. And the bit of claimed additional strength. I just have to decide if that's worth $100.

Steve O is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's my new Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ CYO Premium T Senso Plus. It is connected to my Schmidt Dyno-hub. Like all German manufactured lights, it has an engineered beam that illuminates the trail but does not shine in oncoming cyclists' eyes.
    The "senso" means it has two settings - day and night, which it can automatically sense. In daylight, the LED running lights are brighter and the main beam is dimmer (since it's not really needed), for better visibility. At night the main beam is brighter, so you can see the trail better.
    I used this for the first time last Thursday and then for Midnight Saddles. Both Mr. Happy and I are happy with it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new light 2.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	15619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new light.JPG 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	15620
    The two little wires hanging off the back are for a generator-run taillight, which I do not currently have.

5. Likes FFX_Hinterlands, Starduster, secstate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    Here's my new Busch & Muller Lumotec IQ CYO Premium T Senso Plus. It is connected to my Schmidt Dyno-hub. Like all German manufactured lights, it has an engineered beam that illuminates the trail but does not shine in oncoming cyclists' eyes.
    The "senso" means it has two settings - day and night, which it can automatically sense. In daylight, the LED running lights are brighter and the main beam is dimmer (since it's not really needed), for better visibility. At night the main beam is brighter, so you can see the trail better.
    I used this for the first time last Thursday and then for Midnight Saddles. Both Mr. Happy and I are happy with it.

Name:	new light 2.JPG 
Size:	50.3 KB 
ID:	15619Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new light.JPG 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	15620
    The two little wires hanging off the back are for a generator-run taillight, which I do not currently have.
    Aha! That's the light I was running for the past couple of years, before I fitted my current B+M IQ-X this spring- you saw the newer light when I ran Midnight Saddles this past July. Isn't that big wide beam fun?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00398.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	15621 (*This* is the quality of light Steve O has to work with now... No, I don't have a beam shot of the my IQ-X just yet.)
    Last edited by Starduster; 10-23-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This is sitting at home, waiting for me to put it together (SE Lager fixie). Also have a carboy of oatmeal stout that needs kegging. Meanwhile, I sit bored at werk. Frustrating nonoptimization of time.

Name:	SE-Lager.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	12.4 KB 
ID:	15704

Not a very good snip, but will post a real pic once done. Is very pretty, especially for <$300.

8. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    This is sitting at home, waiting for me to put it together (SE Lager fixie).
    Here it is completed. Need to get a Surley Tugnut, and some nonslick tires are on the way, but that's about it. Rode it this morning and it was fun, though a touch heavier and less nimble than the Fuji Feather was. The slicks actually worked in the wet leaves better than I expected, but I still want a little tread.

Name:	20171111_141959.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	15708

Name:	20171111_142016.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	15709