ID:	15018

For my first wheel build!

2. Likes Steve O, dbb, hozn liked this post
    ELITE hozn ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dkel View Post
    For my first wheel build!
    Some assembly required

TwoWheelsDC is online now I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Your latest bike purchase?

New bike came on Wednesday, but had to go out of town Thursday and didn't have time to get everything fully set up. This is a GT Grade X, with SRAM 1X drivetrain and HRD brakes.

The gearing came as 40t 11-28, with a sub-Rival crank and Rival 1 RD, so I swapped in the Rival 42t crank from my old bike, along with my Stages power meter. The wheelset that came with the bike got moved to my old bike, and now this has my Easton tubeless setup with new Schwalbe G-Ones. I also moved over the cassette from my old bike which is 11-36, so the new bike has the gearing that I've gotten used to.

What ended up forcing me to wait until today to finish was waiting for the Easton QR>Thru Axle conversion kit. Glad I had the foresight to buy a convertible wheelset! I also got a thru axle>QR converter for the generic wheelset that came with the bike, which is now mounted on my old bike.

Last edited by TwoWheelsDC; 06-24-2017 at 09:03 PM.

5. Likes Subby, Tania, huskerdont, vvill, Judd and 2 others liked this post
    hozn is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is an awesome looking bike! I have a soft spot for GT being my first adult bike (MTB). I love that they keep their "triple triangle" design on this bike.

Nice setup! I love the G-One tires. They were fantastic at Hilly Billy Roubaix today. I spent all this energy thinking about tires and then just ended up where I started -- G-Ones. They slip around in the mud, but that's kinda fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    New bike came on Wednesday, but had to go out of town Thursday and didn't have time to get everything fully set up.
    That's a nice looking bike. I'm digging the shape of the top tube and how the seat stays are attached.

Post Thanks / Like

I ordered this frame last October and didn't expect it to arrive for a year. About a month ago, Elephant Bikes emailed to say several people on the waitlist ahead of me had bailed, and the bike was mine if I was ready. I really wasn't, but if I had said no, I'd have dropped to the end of the list, and it'd be another year for me to get older and slower. I'm glad I said yes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NFE_canal.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	15103
    Last edited by EasyRider; 07-10-2017 at 02:42 PM.

9. Likes Sunyata, ginacico liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    I ordered this frame last October and didn't expect it to arrive for a year. About a month ago, Elephant Bikes emailed to say several people on the waitlist ahead of me had bailed, and the bike was mine if I was ready. I really wasn't, but if I had said no, I'd have dropped to the end of the list, and it'd be another year for me to get older and slower. I'm glad I said yes

Attachment 15102
    Show me your invalid attachment!

Post Thanks / Like

edited, sorry

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fender lines and I love the Solo lowrider rack plus front basket.

Mostly Frankfurt am Main with time in Dominion Hills
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok, Bikenetic ordered the TRP Spyre calipers for me when I was back in the US in May, but I finally had them installed by my Frankfurt LBS (Fahrradwerkstatt Eschenheimer Tor) last week. A decided improvement over the Hayes CX that were original equipment on the Rove. Made this wimpy downhill rider very happy on the gnarly gravel downhill from Sandplacken on Sunday! Thanks Helen!

14. Likes Sunyata liked this post