Likes Likes:  2,120
Dislikes Dislikes:  8
ELITE ELITE:  119
Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163
Results 1,621 to 1,623 of 1623

Thread: Your latest bike purchase?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    Not sure what you mean. This type of shift is a common, rider-initiated shift that could be done with our without Di2 (a front downshift quickly followed by a rear upshift), that overall minimizes the ratio change and avoids cross-chaining. Di2 just does it faster and without having to press the button for the front shift if you set it up that way. Not sure why anyone would do such a shift while out of the saddle though, regardless of their drivetrain.
    Well, as you described it, front downshift followed by rear upshift, that makes sense. But in the Di2 case, the rear triggers the front, so as one downshifts on the rear (attacking a climb, for example) the front automatically drops and then rear automatically upshifts? If somehow one forgets that it's set up that way, it would be a bit abrupt.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ImaCynic View Post
    Well, as you described it, front downshift followed by rear upshift, that makes sense. But in the Di2 case, the rear triggers the front, so as one downshifts on the rear (attacking a climb, for example) the front automatically drops and then rear automatically upshifts? If somehow one forgets that it's set up that way, it would be a bit abrupt.
    Yeah, I suppose if you forgot it could be a shock! My Garmin actually alerts me when the next shift will trigger the chainring shift, which definitely helps. I don’t think it has ever been a “surprise” for me though. And there’s always the option to just not set it up that way (it takes a special adapter and app to make Di2 do anything other than shift “normal”).

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your latest bike purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelsDC View Post
    I don't think regular Di2 can do this truly automatically. Apparently STEPS+Di2 can be fully automatic, since it has a built-in torque and cadence sensor that can talk to a Di2 RD, but that's only for ebikes. At least with my current setup, the only "automatic" thing is that when I'm on my big ring, and downshift from my second-lowest to lowest cog, the big ring automatically shifts to the small ring and the cassette automatically shifts back up to the 3rd lowest cog (this is fully customizable). So in practice, I never use my left/big ring shifter, since all the big/little ring changes are handled automatically based on the cog I select with the right shifter. But I still have to manually shift the rear in order to trigger an automatic front shift.
    I’m talking about the Syncroshift function, which can be set up in a variety of ways: https://di2center.com/2019/02/16/syn...-does-it-work/

These are the shift modes you can set up:

* Full Synchro Shift: your front derailleur will shift by itself, when it has to

* Semi Synchro Shift: when you shift the front derailleur, the rear derailleur will also shift in order to compensate

* No Synchro Shift / turned off: No automatic shifts will happen. Full manual mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kwarkentien; 07-08-2020 at 09:40 PM.