Likes Likes:  5,724
Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 5 of 534 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yesterday

Dear older, 70 something rider near the USPTO in Alexandria,

You looked amazing in your full biking regalia, including helmet (kuddos), on your sweet ride. It was not, however, super cool that you meandered up the middle of the lane slowed, and made a u-turn in the middle of the street, without looking around or considering any of the cars, pedestrians, etc. nearby thus causing everyone involved to have a slight wide-eyed-white-knuckled moment. Maybe an extra bad call at a busy 4-way stop intersection in front of a busy Starbucks. If you would like to live into your 80's enjoying your bike, I would suggest reconsidering said behavior in the future. Remember that you also make all (safe and considerate) cyclists look like idiots by practicing this riding technique.

Love, the person in the car (unfortunately not on his bike this given day) behind you.

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Plodding along in my lightest workout shirt and a pair of khaki pants, lightly sweating in the 60 degree weather.

You: Sporting brand new neoprene overboots, tights, knee warmers and waterproof jacket and gloves.

Me: I checked the forecast and current temperature before I left home

You: Sweating profusely but too proud to shed some layers

Post Thanks / Like

To the cyclist who ran the light on 15th NW at S and almost got killed by a cab making a legal left turn with the light - please stop giving the rest of us who use those cycletracks a bad name.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

In near total darkness on unlit section of W&OD this morning

Jogger with reflecto vest approaching: "This Plate! aghgbdbgbngbsmvvlllll"
    Me: "What!?"

It's hard to understand anyone going in the opposite direction at 20 mph.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

To the guy who was wandering into the bike lane in Clarendon while looking at your phone: Don't wander into the bike lane in Clarendon while looking at your phone.

Especially since you were heading for the car lane next.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to thank you, light blue mini-van racing to make the light.

Thank you for passing me on the left because I had the audacity to take the lane, and then cut across in front of me as we went down that hill together. That move startled me and gave me a split second to reach my brakes.

Thank you for braking so hard your tires squealed as your reached the right turn lane.

But most of all, thank you for not actually coming to a stop because I would have slammed into the left corner of your bumper. They look very shiny from that close range.

I hope you have a pleasant day, thank you for not injuring me.

americancyclo is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Guy with a cold-

Thanks for inspiring me to really up the pace on my morning commute yesterday. I understand snot rockets, and I maintain a respectful 4 bike length distance, since we're going about the same speed. But you weren't blowing snot rockets, you were ejecting mucous mist from your nose, multiple times. maybe it was the way the sunlight caught the millions of nasty particles hanging in the air, waiting for me to ride through, but I just couldn't stand the thought any longer. So thanks for making me get up out of the saddle and pass you so I wouldn't have to breathe in whatever nasty infection you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear ZipCar turning into the parking garage (huh?) on 15th just south of M -

If you want to get that close to my ass again, you're at least going to have to buy me dinner.

Post Thanks / Like

Default cabi spotted in mclean!

to the cabi rider crossing 123 at lewinsville/great falls street (3/15 about 130pm),

way to go! that is a far distance from a bikeshare station.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear cyclist number one,

Dude.

Yeah, nobody really stops at that stop sign on the Custis at the hotel entrance, but at least slowing down is advised. There was a car waiting to come in from the street, so there was no question that you needed to stop and yield. It's not like he could have run your ass over since he had just seen me stop and yield and might presume it was safe to proceed.

Dear cyclist number two:

See above.