Likes Likes:  5,573
Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 474 of 527 FirstFirst ... 374424464472473474475476484524 ... LastLast
Results 4,731 to 4,740 of 5267

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't feel guilty. You have to do what you deem necessary for safety. And if they're just out for a stroll, it's not like you're inconveniencing them, only yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    So the one that hit me (at 3:09) was a stereotype?

Ouch, Marylanders aren't all bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    Ouch, Marylanders aren't all bad...

Yep, I am a Marylander. With an SUV. I suppose I should be glad it is grey and has Chesapeake Bay plates?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Yep, I am a Marylander. With an SUV. I suppose I should be glad it is grey and has Chesapeake Bay plates?
    I usually get much more scared riding around people with vanity plates than war of 1812 plates regardless of the state.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBee View Post
    I usually get much more scared riding around people with vanity plates than war of 1812 plates regardless of the state.

Even VA "Share the Road" plates with a cycling-oriented vanity message?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobco85 View Post
    I'll try and be quick about these since there are multiple missed connections, all interesting in their own way.

MC #2 - Eads St in Arlington
    Me: Riding southbound in the awesome protected bike lane just south of Fort Scott Dr
    You: ARTBus driver, parked in the bike lane, completely blocking it
    Me: Having to ride around into traffic with a couple of cars that I had to merge into just to get around you.
    Stop parking in bike lanes!
    This is a real problem. There's an ART facility there and I feel like every time I pass there (esp. around 8 AM) there's a bus blocking the bike lane. Probably 9 days out of 10 for the last few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by notinthe18 View Post
    This is a real problem. There's an ART facility there and I feel like every time I pass there (esp. around 8 AM) there's a bus blocking the bike lane. Probably 9 days out of 10 for the last few weeks.
    This should stop in a few weeks when they open up the new ART bus facility across the road. (the same project that gave us the new buffered bike lanes). the ART buses have to stop near the ART bus office on the West side of the road to download the data from their day which is why they park there. Not making excuses for them just saying why they do it. I believe when the new facility opens across the road the ART buses will park there and can download their data from there.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to jaywalk through a starburst intersection at rush hour with headphones in, you might possibly want to LOOK FOR *&@#&^#*#@ TRAFFIC before you walk out literally two seconds before an opposing green light.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Even VA "Share the Road" plates with a cycling-oriented vanity message?
    Those are the worst!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    If you are going to jaywalk through a starburst intersection at rush hour with headphones in, you might possibly want to LOOK FOR *&@#&^#*#@ TRAFFIC before you walk out literally two seconds before an opposing green light.
    No.

The trick to aggressive walking is sending a credible signal that you are willing to be run over. There are three approaches to this:
    1. The Zombie: Amble straight ahead. If you look up from your phone or otherwise indicate that you're paying attention, you've lost the game;
    2. The Demon: Stride through the crosswalk. Pierce each driver with your cold, unblinking gaze;
    3. The Nutter: Shout and gesture wildly at your invisible foes as you herd them around the standing traffic. Continue up the median for some ways and gradually to the other side of the road, never less than 50 meters from where you started.