Likes Likes:  5,490
Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 22 of 524 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: Missed connection

Amalitza Guest

Dear guy in white t-shirt and no helmet this morning at richmond hwy and fort hunt rd.

Dude. I am not a fanatic about other bicyclists wearing helmets, not at all. That said, if you are going to 1) run red lights, 2) on Richmond Highway, 3) in rush hour traffic, 4) by flying out into the intersection from between two lanes of stopped cars, you might want to think about wearing yours. I prefer to not start my morning by having to look at your brains splattered all over the road. tyvm.
    Last edited by Amalitza; 08-16-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: if there actually are brains in there, i guess

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear a--hole on a bike who decided to pass the bike traffic on the Penn. Ave. bike lanes, through an intersection, by swinging into oncoming bike traffic and then into oncoming car traffic:

you're an a--hole.

baiskeli is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Crazy Ivan!

By a pair of tourists on CaBi bikes who suddenly decided they don't want to cross the Memorial Bridge after all.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Me: cruising on Penn past the White House.
    You: Clearly 1989's Conway Twitty. Man, I'm a huge fan of your work. You should do some more duets with Loretta.

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Passing a cyclist on the left on the sidewalk by the Tidal Basin.

You: Chick on a Tommaso passing me on the right at the SAME TIME. (Or, also passing the same cyclist on the left.)

I see why you wear elbow & knee pads to ride in the city. You might wanna think about a helmet.

Oops, did I shoal you three times after that? My bad.
    Last edited by KelOnWheels; 08-16-2012 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Don't know much 'bout geometry.

ShawnoftheDread is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KelOnWheels View Post
    Me: Passing a cyclist on the left on the sidewalk by the Tidal Basin.

You: Chick on a Tommaso passing me on the right at the SAME TIME.

I see why you wear elbow & knee pads to ride in the city. You might wanna think about a helmet.

Oops, did I shoal you three times after that? My bad.
    Elbow and knee pads?! Is this a thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Elbow and knee pads might indicate a new cyclist in need of some gentle education, or a roller derby queen in need of more shoaling.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Arlingtonrider View Post
    Elbow and knee pads might indicate a new cyclist in need of some gentle education, or a roller derby queen in need of more shoaling.
    Just be a Pal

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    yeah, I am working on exactly the right timing with the bell, the "behind you" or "heads up" depending on what kind of tourist, how far away I am, their speed, my speed, ect. Its a complex mix of social engineering, experience, and luck. In the meantime, I am hoping not to get eaten by any zombie children.
    As bad as it sounds, I've largely stopped using my bell around kids because it's created more situations than it has solved. I think my bell sounds too close to the damn ice cream truck so it's the pleasant variety rather than the angry get-to-class bell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnoftheDread View Post
    Elbow and knee pads?! Is this a thing?
    MTBers.