Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 261 of 534 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 5337

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    At least wear those toe shoes.
    No, nobody should wear those toe shoes. They creep me out.

Post Thanks / Like

To the dude on the Kestrel riding my rear wheel down Minnehaha Creek - thanks for the fist bump once I made it up the hill by Nicollet. Had my front derailer cooperative I would have kept pulling you but an extra 140lbs and no lower gears made for a painful climb.

KLizotte is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Arlington, VA by way of MA and London, UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NicDiesel View Post
    To the dude on the Kestrel riding my rear wheel down Minnehaha Creek - thanks for the fist bump once I made it up the hill by Nicollet. Had my front derailer cooperative I would have kept pulling you but an extra 140lbs and no lower gears made for a painful climb.
    So how is life in the mid-West? I presume the snow is finally gone? I hope your health is well.

Live on Capitol Hill, work in downtown DC
    Post Thanks / Like

You: The cyclist in a kit this morning, who turned west onto East Capitol (legally) in front of me. With us travelling due west, the sun was at our backs.
    Me: Wishing I had been able to catch up with you to tell you that your shorts were full-on Lululemon completely see-through in the sun. Fortunately not the chamois part.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KLizotte View Post
    So how is life in the mid-West? I presume the snow is finally gone? I hope your health is well.
    It's going great, haven't been this happy ever. Snow was gone in early April and the lakes "iced out" in mid-April so now it's time to get back to 100 miles a week.

Post Thanks / Like

You: In a purple shirt and black jeans riding really low without underwear revealing at least 2/3 of you hairy crack, going 2-3 mph across the Roosevelt Bridge from the MVT to DC.

Me: Stuck behind you, with the aforementioned crack staring me in the face for the interminable slow ride across the bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

vvill: Hi, Jon
    Me: Saw you but you seemed off in your own world and didn't realize you recognized me until you called out. So, Hi vvill.

You: Insane person in white Jeep on 15th north of V approximately four feet before the bike lane begins and I'm out of your way, passing me with much less than 3 feet to spare
    Me: "Three feet!"
    You: screeching to a stop. "What did you say?"
    Me: "The law in DC is three feet to pass"
    You: "[Incoherent swearing]"
    Me: "Get off the phone."
    You: "Are you going to make me?"

By this point you looked like you might swerve into my lane and run me over.

Me: "Learn to drive."
    You: "[More incoherent swearing]".
    Me: "Bye!" with a big smile.

In hindsight, neither my most Dirt moment nor a particularly good idea. But I didn't swear, and I think he was mostly pissed that I was calm and laughing at him as he blew his top.

vvill is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    you seemed off in your own world

You: Insane person in white Jeep
    Correlation here perhaps? I'm usually mentally pre-occupied on my commutes, especially closer to intersections like, say, the Intersection of Doom. Or even this afternoon on Westmoreland St where a southbound silver Merc decided to u-turn (slowly, at least) just after passing through the intersection with Kirby. For those unfamiliar, it's here although there are sharrows painted there now. Not sure who was more annoyed, me or the traffic in the intersection behind the guy. It turned out to a rather elderly gentleman who then pulled up beside me and asked for directions just as the light went green for me. I don't understand how people don't think to just pull over somewhere (legally). It's not as if they're on a 4 lane highway.

TwoWheelsDC is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Speaks for itself. Location: Westmoreland bike lane @ I-66

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrenaut View Post
    You: Insane person in white Jeep on 15th north of V approximately four feet before the bike lane begins and I'm out of your way, passing me with much less than 3 feet to spare
    Me: "Three feet!"
    You: screeching to a stop. "What did you say?"
    Me: "The law in DC is three feet to pass"
    You: "[Incoherent swearing]"
    Me: "Get off the phone."
    You: "Are you going to make me?"

By this point you looked like you might swerve into my lane and run me over.

Me: "Learn to drive."
    You: "[More incoherent swearing]".
    Me: "Bye!" with a big smile.

In hindsight, neither my most Dirt moment nor a particularly good idea. But I didn't swear, and I think he was mostly pissed that I was calm and laughing at him as he blew his top.
    Hahahah! Perfect response!