Page 488 of 499 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489490498 ... LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 4987

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    You don't need to sit on someone's wheel to do those things. In fact, one can't see if the coast is clear or if there is oncoming traffic if one is doing that. The rider in front is blocking the field of view.
    Agreed, it's just easier to stay off someone's wheel if they maintain a steady pace.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasyRider View Post
    I just immediately slow down to a crawl when I notice a drafter. Saves me from saying something to them I'll regret, and from being rear-ended by them if I have to suddenly stop.
    I do the same thing.

Especially when riding my personal CaBi - ain't dropping nobody on that thing.

I'll try to keep upcoming line of sight issues and stuff in mind of course.

Post Thanks / Like

About 2:15 PM I was heading north on the Custis about a mile after turning off the W&OD. Thankfully I was going slowly as I turned a corner and there was a woman stopped on the trail holding the leashes of 6 to 8 dogs essentially blocking both lanes.

4. Dislikes streetsmarts disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SQUIRREL!!

On my way back north after stopping at the College Park City Hall/UMD Pit Stop for the amazingly awesome Bike to Work Day, SQUIRREL! Sorry, heading north along the trolley trail, a squirrel decided it liked my bike. It ran underneath the bottom bracket from my right as I was going by and ended up getting kicked in the head from my left foot. Missed connected because I turned around and it was completely fine (I know that from the half second glance) and no squirrel guts in my spokes. SQUIRREL!

6. Likes wheels&wings, Birru, streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I posted about every squirrel missed connection I'd get booted for spamming. Those little effers are positively suicidal!

8. Likes wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ursus View Post
    About 2:15 PM I was heading north on the Custis about a mile after turning off the W&OD. Thankfully I was going slowly as I turned a corner and there was a woman stopped on the trail holding the leashes of 6 to 8 dogs essentially blocking both lanes.
    Yeah, I've learned from experience to go nuts on the bell while approaching all blind (and some not-so-blind) corners on local paths.
    Last edited by Drewdane; 05-22-2017 at 08:56 AM.

10. Likes streetsmarts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Snake on W&OD

Sorry mr black snake all stretched out on the path in a straight line. I thought you were a stick and at the last moment could only steer so I missed your head and tail with the front tires but got you right in the middle with the rear one. You twisted up and then exited the path so I didn't kill you outright. That part of the w&od west of Vienna has a lot of walkers so take care. Not everyone is is going to appreciate a 3ft snake using it to sun yourself. Apologies for going to fast to stop. My bad.

12. Likes CBGanimal liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SolarBikeCar View Post
    Sorry mr black snake all stretched out on the path in a straight line. I thought you were a stick and at the last moment could only steer so I missed your head and tail with the front tires but got you right in the middle with the rear one. You twisted up and then exited the path so I didn't kill you outright. That part of the w&od west of Vienna has a lot of walkers so take care. Not everyone is is going to appreciate a 3ft snake using it to sun yourself. Apologies for going to fast to stop. My bad.
    You are a goddamn menace to all living creatures.

14. Likes hozn, Judd, Harry Meatmotor, Birru, vern liked this post
    ELITE dbb, americancyclo ELITED this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"Apologies for going to fast to stop. "

Your words. Anything to be learned from them?

16. Likes bentbike33, Judd, Tania liked this post
    lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdont View Post
    "Apologies for going to fast to stop. "

Your words. Anything to be learned from them?

The second "to", as part of the infinitive, is correct. However the first "to" is not correct - that is an adverb, modifying the adjective "fast", and should be "too" as in "too fast". In this regard, spell check is not your friend. Your own response, with "to be learned" is also correct. Or, I might say, it too is correct.
    Last edited by lordofthemark; 05-23-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Your not you, oy vey

18. Likes bentbike33, Sunyata, Birru liked this post
    ELITE dbb, sjclaeys, annoyedindc ELITED this post