ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 531 of 534 FirstFirst ... 31431481521529530531532533 ... LastLast
Results 5,301 to 5,310 of 5333

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    This is uncontroversial....

You: NOAA/GSA

Me: Going glacially slow ~1mph, and carefully so as not to wipe out on your wet, POLISHED parking garage floor. I slowly turn my wheel left to turn, but going slow enough to remain vertical. Next second my wheels slide from under me and I go down hard.

Who is the dumb MFer who decided to polish the goddamn concrete making the floor of the garage?! I’ve ridden on ice. This was way worse! Seriously what the fuck.

NOAA confirms this is a known issue (duh), having me submit incident report. Apparently the real assholes here are GSA.
    I see your problem: 2 opposing bureaucracies each with (barely) plausible deniability. I think your only solution involves studded tires and aggressive acceleration and braking until a singletrack is worn in the polished surface.

2. Likes Steve O, Emm, scoot, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear white trash mini-van driver,

SANFORD STREET IN DEL RAY IS 2 WAYS! Do not, in your ghetto-ass 1990s shit-mobile, drive straight at me because you can't figure which side of the goddamn road to drive on!

I've had a lot of close calls in the past few years but this one was one of the scariest... well after my heart-rate dropped back down to a reasonable level I almost wished you had clipped me and stopped because I think stomping on your neck would have made me feel better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    I see your problem: 2 opposing bureaucracies each with (barely) plausible deniability. I think your only solution involves studded tires and aggressive acceleration and braking until a singletrack is worn in the polished surface.
    Grossly Short of Average

5. Likes bentbike33, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Missed connection

Quote Originally Posted by bentbike33 View Post
    Not Often Applied Analytics?

7. Likes bentbike33, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Dear white trash mini-van driver,

SANFORD STREET IN DEL RAY IS 2 WAYS! Do not, in your ghetto-ass 1990s shit-mobile, drive straight at me because you can't figure which side of the goddamn road to drive on!

I've had a lot of close calls in the past few years but this one was one of the scariest... well after my heart-rate dropped back down to a reasonable level I almost wished you had clipped me and stopped because I think stomping on your neck would have made me feel better.
    Must have been a British redneck in a 90s mini van. Glad no neck stomping was required!

9. Likes kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pet Peeve #8,092: Ninja drafters. Please. Just don't. Save it for the Sunday group ride.

Pet Peeve #8,093: Ninja drafters who don't call their pass once they've decided I no longer serve a purpose.

11. Likes creadinger, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drewdane View Post
    Pet Peeve #8,092: Ninja drafters. Please. Just don't. Save it for the Sunday group ride.

Pet Peeve #8,093: Ninja drafters who don't call their pass once they've decided I no longer serve a purpose.
    Wasn't me as I haven't ridden yet today and I almost always call my pass, but there are times that I very slowly catch a rider in front of me and just don't have enough of a speed advantage to cleanly pass them and move ahead, so I do end up drafting sometimes. What would you prefer me to do in that case?

13. Likes josh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hancockbs View Post
    Wasn't me as I haven't ridden yet today and I almost always call my pass, but there are times that I very slowly catch a rider in front of me and just don't have enough of a speed advantage to cleanly pass them and move ahead, so I do end up drafting sometimes. What would you prefer me to do in that case?
    That's different, and understandable (though I would ask that you drop back 2-3 feet and maintain a civilized distance). This guy rode my wheel for a good mile or so; he had plenty of opportunity to pass.

Steve O is offline 5000+ Posts? The first step to beating addiction is admitting you have one.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hancockbs View Post
    You can say "Good morning" or the like, and "Mind if I draft for a minute?"

16. Likes buschwacker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve O View Post
    You can say "Good morning" or the like, and "Mind if I draft for a minute?"
    And what will you do when my answer is a resounding "NO"?

How about just don't draft? 1-2 bike lengths back should be enough if you need to hang out, but other than that man/woman up to fight the headwind (if there is one) yourself.
    Last edited by creadinger; 03-19-2020 at 08:06 PM.

18. Likes Sunyata liked this post