Likes Likes:  5,724
Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 533 of 534 FirstFirst ... 33433483523531532533534 LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5337

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

When I'm riding on the road, unless I'm really tired or trying to get somewhere quickly, I'll try to bunnyhop as much as I can: puddles, sticks, potholes, manhole covers, even snakes. I find this a totally effective way to minimize drafters

Snek Yomping by ricky d, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

I trust the snake lived to hiss the tale?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Starduster View Post
    I trust the snake lived to hiss the tale?
    Abssssssssolutely!

Post Thanks / Like

Me: Biking south on the MVT just past the 14th street and railroad bridges.
    You: a goose starting to run towards me head and neck down like protecting a mate, but there is no mate...
    Me: "Oh Shiiiiii***", grab brakes
    You: continue running and becoming airborne across the trail, just where my bicycle would have been had I not grabbed my brakes
    Me: Phew! and continue on my ride.
    You: Joining all your goose buds flying over the river

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DrP View Post
    You: a goose starting to run towards me head and neck down like protecting a mate, but there is no mate...
    You: continue running and becoming airborne across the trail, just where my bicycle would have been had I not grabbed my brakes
    I would have thought that Canada Goose Air Traffic Control would have been essential personnel, but maybe they're teleworking from Roach's Run these days.

6. Likes CBGanimal, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    I would have thought that Canada Goose Air Traffic Control would have been essential personnel, but maybe they're teleworking from Roach's Run these days.
    I think for the early morning flights CGATC has just gotten a little lazy. So few non-avians to worry about and so many birds out there, they just let them take off without checking the area first assuming we will move (I know I do not want to be hit - they are pretty big and can fly at over 40mph! That will hurt!).

8. Likes Steve O, kwarkentien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think for the early morning flights CGATC has just gotten a little lazy. So few non-avians to worry about and so many birds out there, they just let them take off without checking the area first assuming we will move (I know I do not want to be hit - they are pretty big and can fly at over 40mph! That will hurt!).
    So DATC (Duck Air Traffic Control) is slipping too. Yesterday morning, three ducks were sitting in a big puddle near gravely point, not far from the trail. Another duck came in for a landing. All looked safe for me to keep biking on the trail since the landing path was parallel to the trail. That duck lands and the other three take off, two nearly into me - I had to duck for one duck and grab my brakes for the other. I am very surprised that no one got hit.

10. Likes kwarkentien, creadinger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So DATC (Duck Air Traffic Control) is slipping too. Yesterday morning, three ducks were sitting in a big puddle near gravely point, not far from the trail. Another duck came in for a landing. All looked safe for me to keep biking on the trail since the landing path was parallel to the trail. That duck lands and the other three take off, two nearly into me - I had to duck for one duck and grab my brakes for the other. I am very surprised that no one got hit.
    Tell me you yelled "Duck!" when you almost got hit by a duck but ducking was what saved you from that ducking duck! That's like the absolute most perfect time to yell that word ever.

12. Likes DrP, Steve O, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by creadinger View Post
    Tell me you yelled "Duck!" when you almost got hit by a duck but ducking was what saved you from that ducking duck! That's like the absolute most perfect time to yell that word ever.
    I did say something that sounded a lot like "Duck!" and might have been it. Let's go with that, much better for family audiences than what I probably said. I definitely said things like "ducking duck!" afterwards. [And I was trying to figure out what it was that the other ducks didn't like about the duck who landed in the puddle, which caused the other ducks to leave so suddenly. So "duck" was repeatedly stated. ]

14. Likes creadinger, bentbike33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Memo to self: Make note of that new runway we didn't know about.