Likes Likes:  5,595
Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 528 of 528 FirstFirst ... 28428478518526527528
Results 5,271 to 5,277 of 5277

Thread: Missed connection

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

This evening I headed to NoVa CC arts building to vote. Don't usually go that way from the trail network, esp after dark. Headed up Lucky Run Trail by Walter Reed. Contemplated taking Beauregard, but crossing from the corner seemed well nigh impossible and pulling out in front of the traffic in the right through lane looked scary. So I decided to head up Rte 7 to Dawes. Tried the sidewalk. Blocked atvthe Wendy's drive through. I maneuvered around the SUV blocking the sidewalk, muttering "this actually IS a sidewalk". Driver "and you're on a bike" "You expect me to ride with THEM" indicating the heavy traffic racing to FFX cty. "I have to get in" (orcwords to that effect" "Just leave a gap of a few feet for the sidewalk" "And push the car behind me into traffic?" "It's too late now " Well thanks for teaching me how to drive" (sarcastically). "Yes I've been driving since 1980, I know how to drive"

I eventually did enter Rte 7 briefly to make the turn onto Dawes.

Post Thanks / Like

"Never go between a man and his cheeseburger" has served me well.

lordofthemark is offline I really need to log off the internet and go for a ride.
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems it was actually the Popeye's and the issue was the chicken sandwiches.

If any developer wants to buy that parcel and get rid of the drive through, I volunteer to go to the Council and testify on behalf of any zoning variance to redevelop.

4. Likes consularrider, Judd, dasgeh, wheels&wings liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthemark View Post
    Those things are dangerous.

Post Thanks / Like

If any developer wants to buy that parcel and get rid of the drive through, I volunteer to go to the Council and testify on behalf of any zoning variance to redevelop.
    One of the most enlightening moments I've ever had on Transportation Commission was when the transportation impact analysis came in for the 12-story office building that will eventually replace the old Wendy's in Courthouse. Trips per day went DOWN. Like..way down. Fast food drive-throughs are extremely traffic-intensive.

7. Likes Judd, scoot, dasgeh, wheels&wings, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I made you feel worse. I learned to avoid those heading into fast food restaurants because they are only half alert, it's their last leg of the trip, and it gives me a chuckle every time I do it!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm even more cautious of people exiting fast-food drive-thrus. They're often more attentive to their newly acquired treats than they are to anything beyond their windshields.

10. Likes mstone, wheels&wings liked this post