Likes Likes:  5,304
Dislikes Dislikes:  64
ELITE ELITE:  563
Page 510 of 514 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 5137

Thread: Missed connection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sunyata View Post
    I talk to the squirrels. It seems to work 98% of the time.

Chipmunks on the other hand... I have no idea what makes sense to them. Music, bells, and talking do not work.
    Dances with Squirrels. Will be contacting you soon with a movie deal as soon as I finish the script. We gonna be rich.

2. Likes Sunyata, Starduster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You: E-Bike owner that left his bike locked somewhere in Fairfax county for days/weeks with badly bent front chainring(x1 setup).

Look for "direct mount chainring" on Amazon with the same number of teeth, or ask a bike shop. You probably need special bike tools to remove the crank, it might be cheaper to let a bike shop do it.

Post Thanks / Like

You: my trusty rear light that got stolen while my bike was parked in Adams Morgan today. Farewell, and thank you for the many safely lit miles. I hope the person who took you (1) needs you, and (2) remembers to actually use you.

5. Likes SarahBee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by komorebi View Post
    You: my trusty rear light that got stolen while my bike was parked in Adams Morgan today. Farewell, and thank you for the many safely lit miles. I hope the person who took you (1) needs you, and (2) remembers to actually use you.
    That sucks!

7. Likes wheels&wings, secstate, komorebi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My apologies to the rider headed toward JBAB this morning (6:10 am) on ART. I came off the Capital St bridge to make a right on ART. While I was in complete control and stayed on my side, I clearly understand why you slowed down and waited for me to make the turn. I appreciate you yielding your right of way to ensure I didn't collide with you.

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice that you thanked me for covering up my light.

It would have been nicer if you had extended me the same courtesy.

10. Likes Hancockbs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Police officer who was driving down Old Georgetown Road called out over his loudspeaker, "Get off the road!"

No, he was not proceeding with lights and sirens, or I would have pulled over.

And aside from the fact that riding in the street is the safest option at all times, today would have been a horrible day to ride on the sidewalk. The street was totally clear, while there was a lot of ice on the sidewalk.

Fortunately, I just ignored him, and he didn't stop to press the point.

12. Likes wheels&wings, CBGanimal, mikoglaces liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    Police officer who was driving down Old Georgetown Road called out over his loudspeaker, "Get off the road!"

No, he was not proceeding with lights and sirens, or I would have pulled over.

And aside from the fact that riding in the street is the safest option at all times, today would have been a horrible day to ride on the sidewalk. The street was totally clear, while there was a lot of ice on the sidewalk.

Fortunately, I just ignored him, and he didn't stop to press the point.
    This just gets better and better. On reviewing the video (since I have video cameras front and rear on my bicycle), I realized that I was right in front of a sign that said "Bike route" at the time this occurred.

I have now filed an official complaint with the Montgomery County police. I just wish the video had been clear enough to get his license plate.
    Last edited by cvcalhoun; 01-30-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cvcalhoun View Post
    This just gets better and better. On reviewing the video (since I have video cameras front and rear on my bicycle), I realized that I was right in front of a sign that said "Bike route" at the time this occurred.

I have now filed an official complaint with the Montgomery County police. I just wish the video had been clear enough to get his license plate.
    I am not sure why law enforcement officers have lately decided that it is okay to harass cyclists over their loudspeaker, but it needs to stop. In the past year, I have had this happen twice. Both times I was doing something legal and safe (for everyone involved). Unfortunately only one of those incidents was I able to get a car/license plate number and report it.

Thanks for reporting it.

15. Likes dasgeh, Steve O liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Me: Inbound on Wilson/Clarendon Boulevard starting in Ballston.
    You: Friendly police officer doing the same.
    Us: Pacing each other and catching up with each other at red lights all the way through Courthouse.
    Us: Catching the green at the bottom of Rhodes and cruising neck and neck, side by side at a good 25 MPH.
    That other guy: The car, just 2 seconds ahead of us on Quinn, approaching his stop sign to cross Clarendon that...oh my god!...he just blew through that stop sign never getting under 10 mph.
    Me: Ha! my cop pal is now going to turn left, flick his siren for a second and bust That Other Guy.

No? We're both still going straight then? Um, OK.

Us: stopped for a red at Pierce.
    Me: trackstanding because the light's been red a while and Pierce just cycled to yellow. I start cranking the pedals to get going on the green.
    You on the loudspeaker: "Don't go through that redlight Mr. Bicyclist."
    Me: Pointing to my greenlight and steaming at how useless you are. I hate you.

17. Likes Steve O, bentbike33, chuxtr, Emm, Sunyata liked this post